Starmade in SLI or Crossfire?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Any of you guys running multiple GPUs for Starmade? Is it supported? Do you have benchmarks or stats?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I have crossfire with 2x Radeon Sapphire R290 TRI-X OC.
    I find no benefit at all, performance is very disappointing. What I have learned and someone correct me if wrong is that Nvidia cards run Starmade much better than AMD cards.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Skoomer has a dual Nvdia GPU rig afaik (if he didn't change it in the last year), so logically the game should be able to run on sli rigs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Skoomer has a dual Nvdia GPU rig afaik (if he didn't change it in the last year), so logically the game should be able to run on sli rigs.
    I'm curious what his specs are.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I have crossfire with 2x Radeon Sapphire R290 TRI-X OC.
    I find no benefit at all, performance is very disappointing. What I have learned and someone correct me if wrong is that Nvidia cards run Starmade much better than AMD cards.
    This is true. Schema himself says that starmade is better on Nvidia, as he has Nvidia. To the point that some releases straight up don't work for AMD

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    >Building new computer for skubmade
    >Buy AMD card

just fuck my shit up man

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I've been running the game with SLI from the start - 3x 570 GTX geForce cards. I don't recall ever having a problem with it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I've been running the game with SLI from the start - 3x 570 GTX geForce cards. I don't recall ever having a problem with it.
    Have you tested the game with a single card? Are you actually getting a (good) performance boost with SLI?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Have you tested the game with a single card? Are you actually getting a (good) performance boost with SLI?
    Sorry, I haven't done any benchmark testing. I run SLI on all the time, although I did run a single card for a while when I was having some PSU trouble. The game ran fine on a single card, but I had also turned the graphics settings down. So, I can't say that it was a fair comparison.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Unplug one then two of those bad boys and check frame rate, for science. Would be nice to know for the community.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The rig I use for recording and editing runs two GeForce GTX 570 in SLI and from my experience between this machine and the one I have that has a AMD graphics card in it (one of the Radeon series ones, can't remember exact spec) the nVidia SLI setup has better performance. That's from my experience between the two anyway.

Reactions: BDLS
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please post if you remember what the Radeon card is. Would still like to see other people's benchmarks of SLI/CF vs a single card. The 570 is pretty dated, if you can play w/ a good framerate and record vids and stuff it seems like everything is working nicely with SLI.