Starmade Fleets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In star made currently there is not a huge community. meaning any large fights will be 1 human at command and another 1 human at command of large fleets(usually) (using dock and ai). but currently the only way to think about doing this is to make a fleet ship. basically a very long ship carrying every ship in docks. it would be nice to have command of your ships (maybe achievable with certain block) and at least be able to tell them what sector to head to. a sector wide command interface would make battling fleets awesome but would be hard to implement.
    if this could be done imagine being in a huge battle commanding your ships and the enemy commander commanding his. then imagine what 6-8 people could do commanding there own fleets. 1v1v1v1v1v1 anyone?

another issue is turrets. when you want to turn all docked ships to your faction you have to manually ReLog. then the turrets/docked ships will change. maybe add a section in structure saying Faction Block system. there you can auto set all turrets/ships to your faction.
    thanks emporer88

Reactions: CoolDog3
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yea i'm pretty sure i heard something about it a while back, i don't think its near the top of the to do list though

Reaction score
    I want to stand on a command bridge with my hologram pad and control everything with lines, arrows, and red buttons!

Reaction score
    We could still talk about balancing the system.

Hacking beams?
    Comm arrays?
    Disabling the admiral's communications?

It would be epicly cool if a "drone or pilot" system was created and balanced: drones stop when they lose communication, pilots dont... etc!

C:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Current comm arrays: a lot of docked ships with player in them pointing to an array of activation modules.
    Right & Left click dock beams: Shouldn't one penetrate open doors? Thus one could control passing beams and thus communication by open/closing doors.
    (you need at least: 2 channels: cloak+data. Enable comm with a raising edge, next bit on next raising edge and disable comm after 3 seconds without raising edge )​

Current disabling admiral's communications: push/pull so that dock beams do not hit the button array any-more.

Current hacking: flying with cloaked ships in-between docked ships firing docking beams and button array to make some docking beams miss.

Without these particular beams, commands are miss-leading and malicious. (You can't activate factioned buttons yourself, also de-cloak if you fire your docking beam).

Comm arrays and hacking is easy to do. Just require a minimum distance and make docking beams on/off-able by logic (if no player is present).
    (That would also let you activate with your docking beam a button on some AI-drone which let it fire a docking beam for maybe 64 seconds, then you can move your ship's dock into the beam.)

Last edited: