Starmade Fail Moments

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Lets see all those fails you've seen in Starmade. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I once tried to fire my guns in a cruiser with my friends, but forgot my weapons had been disconnected from the computers (Don't ask). Went into a firefight against the black with no weapons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I once had a friendly dogfight with a newbie i invited to my faction a while ago before 0.15, he had his own fighter with an interior, and i had my own (supposedly) superior fighter

He beat me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Made my first interstellar ship, decided I'll take my miner with it. The miner was almost the same size as my travel ship, being a big block of a salvager, but I didn't see there being any problem with thrust or jumping with it stapled on the back of the vessel. I...er... installed the docking rail in the wrong direction, however. It completely enveloped the bridge of my travel ship. When I undocked the miner, the collision physics spun it around crazy-like, but worse, when I regained my bearings, the physics had apparently sent my travel ship off at wormhole speeds. It was nowhere near the planet I was visiting. Took me forever puttering around in the weaponless miner avoiding pirates before I found where my ship went, and I couldn't reach it, because it was close to the star, slowly melting, and my miner couldn't take the heat. Ugh.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When building the first version of the wedged point defense turrets on one of my ships, i had swapped the axis around, so base was vertical movement, and barrel was horizontal. The game did not like this and whenever a missile was in range, all the point defense turrets would turn into a horrible twitchy mess at odd angles.

Picture of the terrible clipping and general derpiness: