Starmade do not turn in to EVE

Do you agree?

• Yes I do. and I would like Starmade to be differnt.

Votes: 4 28.6%
    • No. I what Starmade to be like EVE.

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I played Starmade because I thought that they would be there own game and not just turn into to eve but in a block version and Minecraft version. No I played because I like where they were aiming with the game.

If you guys put in a system where you can charge any one who goes thorue the warp gate, if they added a bank, or they added where you can add gravity up, down, left, or right. That would be a start. I know this is not much a different if you got any other ideas on how not to make this like eve list down below.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    When this game was first publicized it was referred to as Minecraft and EVE's lovechild. And for good reason. Both games are incredibly successful. EVE has been around for over a decade. Do you think it would be if it was a bad game? To be honest I am not sure how you think this game is turning into EVE. It is incredibly simplified compared to EVE's mechanics. I am also not really sure how your suggestions make it any less like EVE. None of them specifically change gameplay much in a way that differentiates it any further from what EVE accomplishes. They are still both very distinct games and only feature the same sci fi elements that have been around for much longer than their lifetimes.

It should also be noted that you can already change the direction of gravity on a ship/station using an oriented gravity module.

Reactions: AssIn9
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When this game was first publicized it was referred to as Minecraft and EVE's lovechild. And for good reason. Both games are incredibly successful. EVE has been around for over a decade. Do you think it would be if it was a bad game? To be honest I am not sure how you think this game is turning into EVE. It is incredibly simplified compared to EVE's mechanics. I am also not really sure how your suggestions make it any less like EVE. None of them specifically change gameplay much in a way that differentiates it any further from what EVE accomplishes. They are still both very distinct games and only feature the same sci fi elements that have been around for much longer than their lifetimes.

It should also be noted that you can already change the direction of gravity on a ship/station using an oriented gravity module.
    ...and we also already have a bank trough most thriving servers out there.

...and you kinda might as well charge someone to use the warp gate simply by placing a large door on it and openit only for those who pay.

I don't get it. Starmade is pretty much like EVE. IT's a sandbox in open space. Yet it's a different game since there's no boundaries and you can build your ships however you want and arm them with whatever you like.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...and we also already have a bank trough most thriving servers out there.

...and you kinda might as well charge someone to use the warp gate simply by placing a large door on it and openit only for those who pay.

I don't get it. Starmade is pretty much like EVE. IT's a sandbox in open space. Yet it's a different game since there's no boundaries and you can build your ships however you want and arm them with whatever you like.
    ...And you can actually fly them, rather than just telling them what to do.

Anyway, yeah, that's the thing with Starmade... It can be EvE-like, but in this game you can actually build and customize, and do so much with logic and whatnot... It's kinda like you get to 3D model and program your own piece of the universe. In EvE things just work a certain way and only that certain way.

EDIT2: Fixed logical errors (a.k.a. derps)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm not understanding the argument? What is wrong with the game as it is and how is it turning into EVE?

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    As long as we keep being able to have complete freedom on how to build a ship and the ability of actually piloting it, I'm fine...

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yea, I think Starmade is copying too much, like the recent addition of orange hull blocks, they're colored like carrots, so I don't think we should be copying vegetables in a space game.