"Starmade Devs Q&A" Notes

Reaction score
    I dunno... All I wrote in the notes above was - \"There is also the option that the use of turrets will have specific demands on power from the ship it\'s docked to in order to rotate, but is not guaranteed.\" - so you definately mentioned that turret rotation would use power from the ship, but I\'ll have to watch part 5 again to see if you did indeed say that size would affect rotation and I just missed it. ;)
    It\'s good to hear it\'s coming though, thanks. :)

-EDIT- Nope. :p Never mind. ;)

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Being able to set turrets to a zeroed position, in the scroll down add a click to set turrets back too Stock or a favored postion having to manual reset the turrets by occuping them is annoting especially upon leaving they move off kilter. The main reason I have is for redocking as I build ships with docking platforms for air locks, the posh engineer is running into problems when turrets are not in there correct stances, also still notice a pirate ai problem when they occupy a ship with turrets can cause the ship to wobble, the turret ai wants to go in another direction than the ship causes a lag issue or turret\'s without thrusters. No thruster, occupy = false. :)

Reaction score
    Most likely this wont be allowed, forcing the mother ship to cover the power cost increases the requisite size of the mother ship to handle said turret, this is part of a design goal we\'re encouraging (nobody likes seeing turrets bigger than the mother ship) so no power from the turret can be used to turn it (the power cost will likely be handled by the turret dock block)

Reaction score
    That\'s very cool that the turrets need power from the parent vessel in order to rotate, which I\'m sure will be the same for operating the weapons too (makes sense), but it would make an interesting mechanic if the power to run a turret\'s shield system comes from the power blocks on the turret and not from the parent ship. It would mean that in order to have a turret with high powered shields (which would take lots of blocks) one would need lots of power regen blocks too, therefore making the turret naturally bigger and thus increasing it\'s power demand from the mothership to rotate and deacreasing it\'s rotational rate too, creating a trade-off between shield strength (bigger, slower turret) and turn rate (smaller, therefore less shield blocks). I assume that\'ll be the case?