StarMade Dev Update: Progress in the Heat

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sorry for the delay of new updates,
    my room is so hot at the moment, that I just can't as much work done, as I'd like. My only ventilator is used to keep my computer from resetting itself because of overheating, and I don't have any money to get AC :(

But still there is some progress:

• New weapon System: a new point based system is being implemented: For every block of a group, you get 4 points to distribute on damage, bullet-speed, distance, and reload time. At the moment I'm going for a percentage based system, because a percentage is an absolute value that will be much easier to synchronize between server and client. It also makes it easier, if blocks get added or removed (the spent points will automatically redistributed). The system is already fully implemented and working. The only thing, I need to add is the saving of the settings when you turn of the game (at the moment they all reset to equal distribution).

There will also be perks available in the future, that you can activate, if you have enough points spent on specific basic attributes (e.g. like an Ion cannon attribute which would give the weapon an extra bonus against shields or an AoE effect that disables enemy power modules).

• Space Station Building: for that I'm using a new module: The build module. You can place it anywhere on a space station and it will basically have the same effect as the core module. You are able to enter that module and edit the station from that point like you are able to edit ships.

When the work is done you can just exit, take the module with you, and place it somewhere else to continue.
      You are of course not able to enter into flight mode from that module, and destroying it will not affect the space station.

I hope, I will be able to work a little more in the coming days,
    thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema