StarMade Community, What would you like to ask the Devs?

Reaction score
    With the dev team working at 100% efficiency and the next big update somewhere on the horizon, it's a very exciting time to be a StarMade fan.

However, if your anything like me, the anticipation of exciting new features also means frequent visits to /r/StarMade and the official forums. (Not to mention a whole lot of 'F5'ing of the news page)

So in this time of waiting I pose you all one question... If you were to sit down with the dev team, what question would you ask them? Would it be about StarMade? Perhaps their favourite games? Or maybe you'd like to ask 'Just who is 'Dr. Plex?'

I know I have lots of questions, but what would you ask?

Reaction score
    I would have lots of questions too, but I think I speak for a lot of starmade fans when I say this \"When will multiplayer be improved?\" That is my #1 Question.

My #2 Question would be \"What will be done to balance ship blueprints?\"

Hoping to see otherss post too :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I\'ve got just one question.

What direction does Schema want to see Star Made go in? Minecraft for instance went a very far way in terms of it\'s development, Notch always wanting fantasy elements from the beginning. (I remember lots of people getting assblasted over some of the stuff) Since Star Made has adopted such transparency with the development cycle like a lot of games are doing today, what in his mind does a fleshed out Star Made look like? (Features, Gameplay, etc.)

Reaction score
    Hmm, there\'s a few I would like to ask Schema:

Apart from Minecraft, did you have any other inspiration?

What made you stop one day and decide to make Starmade?

Reaction score
    I seem to recall that in another post Schema said that he had only played minecraft for about three hours and his inspiration came from legos. I could be wrong so don\'t hold me to it.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If that is true then Scheme just became my hero since I use to play with legos all the time as a kid

Reaction score
    I believe he said it in multiple interviews...speaking of which, he should do a Q and A with some youtuber/streamer again as most things he said in the last one are now implemented

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why he did not decide to go into the Space-Engineers-direction and add motors and other things which look more similar to the new lego (which already has air pumps)

-not get me wrong-

I like StarMade, but it lacks a bit of strategy as long bigger is better, while I think Space-Engineers planed some work on fuel and decide to make economy prior and crafting prior to full weapon support. Also it hurts more if you crash a big ship on some asteroid.

I am a programmer mind myself, but I decided to learn how to make better IDEs and better languages, or languages more like what a human wants from it.

I like math, discussions about how something is done - programm-intern - etc and discussions about technical stuff.

I hate nothing more than unflexible/bugged software undermining your projects and hours of work while others demand from you to build a project on top of it.

Reaction score
    Starmade is more sci fi than space engineers. At starmade, everything gets powered by electricity and also we have protection against collisison(that would be shield or better hulls). Also, starmade already has limited strategy in it but once the new weapon system is released, then it will get strategicly challenging because predicting what your enemy has can be hard(as example: Person 1 does like he is running from a fight, Person2 follows, Person1 lays mines, Person 2, being closly behind Person 1 and probably following in a straight line runes into mines and is either dead or damaged...and this is just one example of a situation)

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    We could give you a few days and mash it all into a nice little Q&A after that, answering the most pressing questions you folks have about eveything and anything starmade related!

Looking forward to seeing what\'s going through your minds atm. ; )

Reaction score
    My questions for the devs would be;

\"What real theme are we going for?\"

I know what you\'re thinking \"Sci-fi, duh\" but I mean like, Star-wars sci-fi, where everything is super advanced and stuff, or like, cowboy bebop, where stuff is old and re-furbrished?

aand, if i can ask multiple questions..;

What is space combat going to be like when the game is finished? is it going to be like star ruler, where HUGE space-craft duke it out with entire planets insta-killing entire cities, while hundreds of little fighters serve as cannon fodder?

Or is it going to be like SOTS 1, where squadrons of fairly large, hardy ships work together to eliminate enemy cruisers in a barrage of laser cannon fire?

So basically, logistics focused combat or smartness focused combat?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like clean, super-futurized themes.

But I also like to have some sort of rogue style similar to what \"the-rebel-alliance\" has (except the shields - they are a mess :D)

Maybe it is possible to have a mix, or style-settings for a ship?

I support this question.