Starmade Art Thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Everything i paint gets reposted here anyway, might as well cut out the middle man ^^

Latest quick paint to shake off the pixel art stuff. Gotta love that Varis.

Yea, that is the Python by generalBLT13

I loved that ship and video showcase, so i had to make some fan-art.
    Why don't you make wide pictures :P?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Everything i paint gets reposted here anyway, might as well cut out the middle man ^^

Latest quick paint to shake off the pixel art stuff. Gotta love that Varis.

Yea, that is the Python by generalBLT13

I loved that ship and video showcase, so i had to make some fan-art.
    Sturmead posters painted by you pls.

Reaction score
    I recently got hold of a tablet with an app for drawing and a stylus. I made some pretty good looking pictures of black holes, galaxies, you name it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Then where are they? :p
    Here is my high-definition, 100% realistic rendering of not one, not two but FIVE Black Holes in a Kempler Rosette formation viewed perpendicular to the Galactic ecliptic plane. An awe-inspiring piece, is it not?*

*A graphics card capable of rendering Hawking Radiation may be necessary for best viewing results.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lolvondon
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Constantinopole? A little bit strange, it looks like Hagia Sophia but there are no any minarets. On the other side I see modern infrastructure around.
    Is that alternative history "What if Byzantine Empire would survive"?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Constantinopole? A little bit strange, it looks like Hagia Sophia but there are no any minarets. On the other side I see modern infrastructure around.
    Is that alternative history "What if Byzantine Empire would survive"?
    Basically I got bored and made a fake city. First I took a picture of the Hagia Sophia and got rid of the minarets to make it look like some sort of capital building instead of a mosque, then I put a picture of a favela in Brazil in front of it and traced the lines. After that, I colored it in and added some of my own bits and pieces like the power lines and smoke. The intent was to make it like a sort of first-world-turned-third-world image, with the big well constructed capital building in the back amd the poorly built slums and haphazardly strung power lines all around it.

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Basically I got bored and made a fake city. First I took a picture of the Hagia Sophia and got rid of the minarets to make it look like some sort of capital building instead of a mosque, then I put a picture of a favela in Brazil in front of it and traced the lines. After that, I colored it in and added some of my own bits and pieces like the power lines and smoke. The intent was to make it like a sort of first-world-turned-third-world image, with the big well constructed capital building in the back amd the poorly built slums and haphazardly strung power lines all around it.
    The funny thing is that Hagia Sophia looked like that before Turks invasion :P

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Fog, vast asteroid fields, depth of field, ahhh, if only we could throw performance to the wind. :D
    Vast (ish) asteroid fields can and should be done for gameplay AND aesthetic reasons, and Depth of Field would work alright on more powerful computers... Fog is the questionable one, depending on how you plan to implement it, but just a simple fog effect would probably be pretty cheap.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    FlyingDebris have you ever thought of making comics and selling them? You could base them on Star-Made factions, it would be pretty cool!