StarMade 0.09382: Fix for the fix

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello again.

I apologize for the current bugs. As always: Don't panic :)

The last fix had a pretty bad effect on the network. The instruction to send data if there is nothing more to add was in the wrong position, which causes unforseen lag in sending info to clients.

Furthermore there are several optimizations and fixes to the system:

- reverted sector switch function for now to style before update

- cached segments are now loaded much faster as list of available cache files is cached itself

- some optimization to the pipeline of requesting segments for clients

- new segment (chunk) region signature optimization: this option is off by default as it needs testing. You can turn in on in the ingame options "use region signature". It will basically speed up requests for segments that are part of a saved structure (like ships, and anything else that has been generated already).

The client will ask for an 8x8x8 signature of segments, upon receiving knowing exactly which parts are empty, and do not have to be requested at all. This saves a huge amount of overhead local as well as in the network. In the best case (an completely 8x8x8 region of segments empty) it's with region signature on 12 byte request and 88 byte answer versus the old system (region signature off) 6144 bytes request and 10752 bytes answer + 512 times more local overhead.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Did this fix the issuem, created after the last patch, where our pointers are being reset to north every sector change?

Reaction score
    change the directional imput method to move the ship according to how far away the mouse is from center.

This would allow for easier turning, and less mouse \"slapping\". If you want to do a 180 you just move your mouse 1 inch to the left, and then back to center when you are done turning.

At the moment intence dog fights are more along the lines of... break your mouse.

Reaction score
    what about a fix for this fix cause u messed it up once again no surprise there saw that one coming

Reaction score
    Dude just be quiet it\'s a game that\'s in Alpha. You think it\'s easy to make a perfectly good game without having a few bugs to work out? Next time instead of being negative, how about you just post your bug, and let Schema work on it. That\'ll get it fixed faster than your complaining ever will.

Reaction score
    It seems that you re always apologizing for bugs, but i never seem to run into them! As far as im concerned, this is a flawless game that just keeps getting better!

Keep up the awesome work!

-Metalslug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Before these last set of updates, I had a EC2 micro instance with 512 MB of ram allocated running pretty rock solid (for two players at least). With these last set of updates, the server now crashes most times when I log in.

StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh: line 3: 1300 Killed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    from what i am hearing from a few server admins, and from not being about to get onto servers, is that this \"fix\" made more bugs that made more servers crash. undo the \"fix\", and give us back our old bugs. a fix should not make new problems.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel sorry for the suckers who are paying SMProhosting good money for a server they can\'t log on to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    crash after crash no to mention when i build base 32k blocks and ship beside around 250k whole server crapping out when i place even single block people on my server are crying in pain

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It looks like the RAM requirements for the server have gone up. Before these updates I had 512 MB allocated and it was running pretty rock solid for two players. I upped the allocation to 1024 MB and all seems to be working now. So possibly SMprohosting was short changing the RAM if you were on a core plan.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    SRSG incorporated in 1997 with a vision to provide the technology of Apple. SRSG is one and half decade old agile and adaptable company dealing with wide spectrum of broadcast IT and media technology products and services.
    Broadcast pcr services
    Apple service center in kolkata
    imac service center in delhi
    Macbook pro service center in guwahati

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This subject has impressed me for quite some time. I have just started researching it on the Internet and found your post to be informative.
    Rochester NY SEO company and Graphic design Rochester NY

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Our main goal is to not only to build you an amazing website but to offer your readers and customers an easy to use website that is quick to download and easy to find in the search engines. Contact us for a web design consultation and to ask about many of our other great services.
    Buffalo NY wordpress
    Buffalo NY web design
    Website services in Buffalo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even the prettiest websites online aren’t the most successful ones. It takes more than a pretty site with bells and whistles to make a website successful. That is where Syracuse Web Pages comes in, located in Syracuse NY we can offer you a great looking site but one that is easy to use and easy to navigate.
    Syracuse NY Wordpress service
    Graphic design Syracuse NY