StarMade 0.0937: Crtitical Physics Bug-Fix

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

another bug fix and optimization update.

Phyical objects sometimes seemed to randomly wiggle around to the point where players couldn't even enter their ships.

I spent 12 hours searching for the cause of this bug to find out to my surprise that it was actually a bug in the (pretty popular) VecMath Library. The Matrix to Quaternion conversion (used to interpolate rotations and to compress data sent over the network) had a bug where it would in some cases not result in the correct components, leading to a completely different rotation matrix, causing random display and physics errors.

This bug could have been the reason to many other bugs too.

The ship-exit spawning algorithm has been slighly improved and will hopefully resullt in better exit locations.

Furthermore, common physics functions have been improved, improving overall physics performance.

The tutorial has been slightly improved, and the sector-map key default has been remapped not to overlap with the skip key.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    core exiting is still just as bad. i exit at 300 meters away from my ship almost every time

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hmm, at least I now ruled out everything else: The problem has probably something to do wth the ship design. Can you maybe send me the ship this is happening with.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I also still have problems with exit bug. You already have my designs - try Nextbus, Deathbus and GPT for the ones that occasionally kick me outside of the ship. Still hoping you\'ll find a way to fix those broken recipes, Schema! :P