StarMade 0.092835: Shield, Stats, Fixes

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

Building Stats

The build mode now features a nice little stats panel on the left site. It's going to get embedded a lot better once the GUI is being redesigned.

Shields & Power

Shields now have (like power) a consistency. That means: after a structure gets unloaded (e.g. on log out), the shields will no longer reset.

Also the shield recharge is now consistent with the actual values displayed.

The current power capacity seemed to have confused a lot of players: The fixed initial was 20k and you would only see that go up, when you reached that 20k with the capacity blocks. I changed the system to now just add both values (Fixed 20k + whatever power capacity blocks give)

Docking

With this update, I hope that eventual misplaced docking positions are finally fixed. You may have to re-dock once for the fix to take effect

Bug fixes

Some very important fixes are also in this update:

- fixed huge bug that caused performance drain when traveling. A huge amount of irrelevant system data was loaded in. Also part of the reason why server startup could take so long, as well as a possible memory leak
    - fixed docking position bug for normal docks
    - improved server performance (especially after longer running time) by excluding unchanged star systems from the to-save query.
    - fixed shields to me consistent with its recharge rate
    - fixed server crash (IndexArrayOutOfBoundsException)

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema