StarMade 0.09275: More AI, Projectiles-over-sectors, Turret Fix, Bulk Connection

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

this update has some major fixes and updates:

Enemies without borders

AI is now capable to aggro and pursue its enemies over the borders of sectors. Until a coming update that will specialize pirate spawning, please don't do trains to much :(

Projectiles without borders

Laser projectiles can now be shot across borders to other sectors. Please not that it doesn't yet work with missiles, since I'm planning to redesign them for performance.

Turret AI fix

turrets should now be responsive against enemies. They also use advanced aiming and are pretty capable to hit stuff.

Bulk connection

you can now connect/disconnect a cluster of blocks to a controller/computer at once by holding right-shift when pressing v to connect.

More changes, fixes, and optimizations

- increased raycast performance (e.g. salvage) by using fast acos
    - improved salvage performance by handling bounding box updates in a batch instead of doing it for each removed block individually
    - fixed server crash if missile is in an already unloaded sector (sectors are not kept alive for missiles (yet)). Another one of the old but hard-to-fix bugs finally fetched and fixed;
    - turret projectiles no longer hit turrts of the same mothership or the mothership itself
    - fixed projectile output position on AI ships
    - turret program "any" should be a lot more responsive now
    - AI now attacks across borders, and has a bigger aggro range
    - fixed memory leak (hopefully) where collision algorithms were kept in memory due to loop reference
    - projectiles can now be shot across sector borders
    - fixed targeting mechanism of AI turrets
    - bulk connection implemented
    - fixed bug that would cause salvage beams not to be used
    - further improved beam handling performance by removing redundant calls for threadLocal variables and JBullet stack operations

thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Docking seems to have stopped working, I\'m unable to dock my turret on to turret docks or regular docks.

Reaction score
    Oh boy, now the AI is going to be SUPER OP towards my little ships xD I thought they were hard enough in the last update :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    well for me in last update i were pwning them with my ships. ( trust me its small) well maybe iwas pwning them because my ship is called valkyre (experimental fighter) :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah they seem to chase my ship indefinitely and always attack on sight. They have insane accuracy and are absolutely suicidal. I can\'t explore at all without dying. Last couple updates aren\'t fun at all :(

Reaction score
    I seem to be doing great against multiple AI mobs just using my N1 Starfigther, Lock on missles and twin anti matter canons with 10k shields, for a 20m 349 block fighter i seem to own even enemy Stations, Watch a few ship building vids, and see how to properly place energy units and shields, it really helps!