StarMade 0.09273: Custom Docking Area & much more

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,
    This version features customizable docking areas, remote activation with beams, symmetry mode for wedges&spikes, as well as some bug fixes and smaller features.

Customizable docking area
    The docking area can now be shaped by aligning the docking-enhancer-blocks in the same way, the docking area should be shaped. This is best described with pictures:

Please keep in mind that only one group connected to the docking block is counted. If there are multiple clusters of docking enhances for one docking block, the one with the overall biggest area will be counted.

Remote activation of doors & lights
    Blocks can now be activated remotely with the docking beam (there is still a conflict with the docking beam hitting open doors, but you want to target the docking block behind it).

Symmetry for all other shapes
    The wedge and spike shapes are now mirrored accordingly with the symmetry mode. Please report eventual wrong rotation with a screenshot making visible what the front is of the structure.

Minor features & updates

• updated lwjgl to version 2.8.5

• items can now be dropped from the inventory when dragging them beside the panel

• cloaking and jamming can now be deactivated by activating them again from the hotbar

• jamming will no longer stop when own weapons are fired (still deactivates when being hit)

• shift+Enter is now shortcut for faction chat

• faction chat now colored for better distinction

• Docking beam is now auto-assigned to key 0

Bug-Fixes

• fixed turret docking

• game no longer blocks when receiving data (no more freeze lag) (0.092725)

• fixed AI exception on server

• fixed bug where blocks in symmetry mode would still be placed on all planes even if there isn't enough left for that in the inventory

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    You sir have just made myself and my users extatic. Thank you for the hard work!

Reaction score
    I liked BDLS\'s idea better, with a points system for extending the docking area based on how many docking enhancers assigned to a module, since with that you cann arrange them any old way and get the desired result.
    It\'s good that you got the coding in for a variable docking area though, good work.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    One of the main reason I\'ve done it this way is actually one, that will play a role later. Basically: docking a large ship should take a large docking module (area wise), because station size will play a bigger role in faction-protection. But I can\'t go into too much detail right now

Reaction score
    Looks like Schema is on a roll now, iam so happy that we can finally drop unwantet items out uf the inventory :) Now i hope we could sell stuff directly from the inv.

Greetings from germany

Lifeforce87