StarMade 0.09267: Symmetry build tool

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,
    this version features a symmetry tool for the advanced build mode

Symmetry Tool
    Reading /vg has convinced me to include the tool. As I stated in the past, I don't want to simulate a 3D modeling program. Making an impressive structure should not be easy. That's why I always think a lot about implementing such tools.
    But I don't think that this tool will diminish any structure value, since if you can design it once on one side, you can design it on the other side of the ship too. It was just tedious to do so. Until now!

Usage

• Planes for symmetrical building can be set with the advanced build mode, just click on the plane you want to set while holding down the advanced-build-mode-button, and click on your structure where you want to have the plane. The plane can then also be used when not in advanced build mode.

• Multiple planes can be set and they will mirror each other respectively (with all 3 planes you are placing max 8 blocks at once.

• Removing blocks in this mode is also symmetrical.

• The tool is fully compatible with the mass block tool.

Sidenode: Galaxy map core-functionality testing is in progress (it's not integrated with the (G)UI yet): Press k to bring up the galaxy map, and use the right mouse button to rotate/zoom. double-click on icons to center them.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema