StarMade 0.0926: database transition completed & starmote

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,
    WARNING: This Version does a database migration, which can cripple your database if failed. Please be sure to back up your universe. (Blueprints are not touched or affected by the update)

Database Transition Completed
    Finally the last step of transitioning from a file-based database to a SQL database on top of the low level cube-database is completed.
    Sectors and systems are now migrated into the database which is already keeping track of entities. This means about 75% of the files in "server-database" are no longer necessary. They will automatically be removed upon successful migration.
    The completion of the transition means that systems like simulation (e.g. simulating large amount of AI (ships, critters, etc) flying from any sector to another sector far away with good performance), and of course for the galaxy map.

Additions and fixes for StarMote

• Fixed crash on servers with server message

• Added graceful logout on exit

• Server list entries can now be started by double-click or pressing Enter

• Fixed faction relation panel display

• Non-Admins are now instantly logged out server sided

• implemented admin control for all players (offline & online)

• implemented tool to delete edited/unedited ships/anything from a sector or the whole universe filtered by name

• implemented tool to generate a sector again
    Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    Current update is buggy across the board. Severs have had to reform to prior version as well as players. Do not update if you haven\'t already. (sorry if I\'m stepping on toes)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Can you please be more detailed about the bug you are experiencing. I\'ll do my best to fix them ASAP, but I only have gotten 2 reports since the update released and both were client disconnects, which could be caused by anything.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So yea haveing the same bug.
    The game crashes after some few minutes after the game starts. It dosen\'t matter where you are in the game or what you are doing as far has I can tell one time I blew up some pirates and the second I didn\'t hit the spawn button when the game first starts up, both times where with a completly fresh game.
    If you could tell me where to send the repport that would good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So yea I\'m stupid I thought it where one of your emails that I had to write. But it was my own :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How is going to run the local servers? We need to install the SQL Server? Or you are using a SQLite DataBase?