StarMade 0.08991: Missile framedrop fix, lighting fix, and more optimization

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

Ive finally found out, why missiles where glitching, causing frame drops, and exploding at the wrong position (or not exploding at all). I mistakenly included the physical helper objects of missiles (a sphere) in the physics calculation. unfortunately, the object doesn't have a physics response (like bouncing off an object), so the object is passing through structures doing a immensely costly physics calculation, which is basically not necessary at all.

I finally removed that operation making missiles much, much more reliable and fast!

There can still be some bugs in updating segments (chunks) because of handling explosions in threads. If you see an error, please leave the sector and return, and it should load normally. You can also press tab+F6 to re-request all segments, but that method is unsave.

I also fixed a final little error in lighting updates that sometimes cause a hard transition from dark to lit on segment borders.

Furthermore i increased the overall performance of lighting calculation so it will go a little faster now.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema