StarMade 0.08982: Docking & Fixes

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi there,

because the docking system for ships was confusing a lot of people, I split up the docking into 2 different blocks:

• Turret Docking Module: Works like the old docking system. to dock, there may not be any block lower then the core. The ship can be rotated while docked. This is for docking turrets.

• Fixed Docking Module: The size of the ship is calculated from the center of the docking area, but ships are not permitted to rotated while docked. This is used for docking smaller ships (carrier).

I also fixed the disintegrator, jamming, and cloaking modules to work as expected. (Disintegrators never exploded, and jammers/cloakers never deactivated unless manually triggered)
    Furthermore I fixed all weapon & beam outputs to be in the middle of the elements in front of a cluster. This might still be somewhat buggy when deleting from a collection (but should be fine after a restart)

... And shields now help against missiles.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    Nice Update to the docking system! But it would be nice to be able to use Turrets from inside a ship.