StarMade 0.08965: Factories, Modding, Missiles, Balance

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,
    since the last few updates didn't have a news entry, I will accumulate all the changes into this one.

Factories
    Factories are now in the game. Beetlebear already made an awesome demo video on how they work:

Modding Tool
    I worked hard on this last week. This tool is a GUI for the XML block config file. Without any knowledge of XML and coding, you can now edit, add, or delete any block. Beetlebear will soon make a short introduction to this tool. Keep in mind that modifications will only work in singleplayer right now. Please back up your BlockConfig.xml first, because if you play multiplayer with a custom one, you'll get lots of bugs.

You can find this tool in the client start up screen (where you enter your login for the game) in the Modding menu.

Missile System
    I upgraded the missile system to use the same system as the laser weapons do. You now will have points to distribute into Speed, BlastRadius, Reload, Damage, and Distance for every missile block, that is part of a touching collection.
    I also refined the graphical display of the distribution in the weapons menu, to give the player more absolute values.

Balance
    I buffed the laser weapons a bit, and nerfed missiles.

Other changes
    There are lots of bug-fixes. Thanks for all the reports, that have been sent in. You really help fixing all the bugs.

Testing Notice
    There is a long existent bug that we call "Anomaly". This is basically an asteroid generation algorithm going rouge generating a huge asteroid that can be the size of multiple sectors. This bug is a memory leak, since a computer can only hold so much segments at once. If you encounter that bug in singleplayer please send in a manual error report with the CrashAndBugReporter.jar (double click in the StarMade folder). If you encounter it in multiplayer, please tell the server admin to send in a report, and remember which sector you encountered it, so the admin can fix that sector.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema