Stargates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it would be great if we could design and build our own "stargates" that would link together within the faction that owns them, and can be used to travel from gate to gate. The larger the gate, the more power it would require to even function, using a underpowered gate could result in you being transported to somewhere you weren't expecting.

Stargates would be built using a Stargate Controller block, and a frame of Wormhole generator blocks. You would have to physically connect to stargate controller blocks together, for the wormholes to generate.

(This isn't like a previous suggestion on this forum for "warpgates" which seems to suggest a device to warp back to a set spawn, rather than build a network)

Reaction score
    Agreed. I would love to build a Space Station, a place to call home. Though it seems I am always wanting to adventure off deep into space.

However. If I was capable of gathering enough resources to build first the initial gate, where my home is, and then another gate, where ever and when ever I want. so then I can use the gates as check points.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that stargates should be added functionality to travel from sector to other far sectors and also,create a levelling system where a certain level of stargates could able to either travel to near sectors,where as the levels increase,the range of the gates increases until it is able to travel between systems and stars.Another thing,if you don\'t want to travel through many gates,try inventing a jumpdrive.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I like this idea and especially like the part where you said

\"if the gate is not powered sufficiently you Jump to a random location\" or words to that effect.

That\'s a cool idea. Malfunctioning Jump Drives is a common Plot Device and should be in the game! Even if we get something else in the end like warp drive etc, the Idea that a damaged Block can send you somehwere random is brilliant alone!

Reaction score
    another possibility is that in order to go to another solar system, you have to build a stargate, so starsystems arent next to eachother but lightyears away like irl

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Real fictional stargates use a chevron coordinate system to identify another gate. Perhaps StarMade can use coordinate ranges in a similar manner that you have to input to select a gate. Actual fictional stargates can\'t be too close to each other due to this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes we really need stargates as all your gathered info blueprints them.
    Then to add to the equation i would suggest the same system can be used to create large \"jump\" gates for ships.
    However these can only be build off planet, and can vary from small to large sizes.
    And most of all, regarding the stargates and jumpgates is the animation after a jump.
    We truly need to see the \"effects\" come out of such a gate when someone has just gone from gate to gate.
    Even a remote dailing animation would be super.
    Then u would know when other factions have hacked your stargate, as they are dailing in from the other side.
    Yes i also suggest hacking possibilities for these gates.

Reaction score
    Heh!

I remember Star Trek: Voyager...

That entire series was based off of one bad spatial catapult!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If for some reason this was implemented, you should have to construct the frames on both ends to be of equal dimension AND to be large enough to physically permit your ship to travel through.