Stargates/Warp engines and cores

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So i had an idea about some new travelling ways in Starmade and how they would be balanced

Stargates:

Stargates would be an ideal way of travel but not op let me first explain.

It waoul be op to just warp anywhere ... anywhere so you would need two Stargates the entry one and the exit

one.

You would need to build it your self so it could look anyway you wanted.

Also it would have to be big engnouf (srry im not the perfect writer) for the ships so if you wouldnt fit you couldnt travel trough.

It would need to be surrounded by some kind of ´Stargate blocks and controlled by som kind of computer.

It could bring up a map of all of the stargates around the world so you could clik th one you'd like to go to (including the sector number).

Warp engines:

Warp engines... like in Star trek? nope? yes?

warp engines would need a engine block + a warp engine.

There has to be engnouf (srry again) engine blocks to move the ship (it would have to be alot)

+ it would drain a lot of energy to stay in warp.

But those are just a few ideas for starmade hope they would get added (well i do) and if you have any coments please leave them below or if you have some ideas about either one of the theories so... BYEEEE.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please go back a few pages and maybe use the search before posting.

There are thousands upon thousands of FTL threads, just find one you like, or post your ideas in one.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I like your idea about a star gate because then you can explore another solar system and then quickly get back to your base or station. There should be something called light speed though which would allow you to travel much quicker but at the expense of alot of energy. for the light speed, you should have to enter your destination coordinates first and then your ship will auto pilot there. As for warping it should lke a personal stargate that will transport your character but not your ship.

Reaction score
    I think it shold act like a docking unit, but with a GUI. It would have to be assigned an ID, a sort of network ID, and a \"gate name.\" The ID would allow factions to have their own warp network, and the gate name acts as identification for specific gates. Gates would have a warp limit like a docking unit\'s docking limits, and would have to be extended by warp gate modifiers.