Starfish Yards

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

Starfish Yards
    Only the finest in ugly yet functional starship design

I decided I'd make a thread to hold all of my creations, instead of cluttering up the board with more than one, so here we are.

Starfish Yards presents the Reliance Mark III-class battleship, featuring 0.16-era shield systems and some enhancements to the interior, including labeled decks and a more fleshed-out CIC and bridge.

Her armament suite includes a primary battery housed in the forward hull, five main turrets featuring twin heavy antimatter cannon, three secondary turrets featuring single heavy antimatter cannon, and eighteen light beam point-defense turrets.

Stats as of 0.16:
    Dimensions: 147m x 41m x 60m
    Mass: 13071.1 (incl. turrets, empty mass 11609.8)
    Power: 4,911,665 (912,283/sec)
    Thrust: 4,929.1 (power consumption 3,193)
    Shields: 1,129,826 (20,476/sec)

The design shows its age, having lost a good bit of thrust to weight ratio and expansion space since its debut, but reliable defensive systems and primary beam cannon batteries keeps it a formidable light combatant.

Blueprint — includes turrets, but no shuttles or small craft.
    Additional pictures

Cartography room

The Mercury-class scout ship is a long-range, missile-armed scout ship, complete with accommodations for up to three crew, radar jammer, and overdrive module. She is not yet jump-capable, but a portion of her machinery spaces are set aside for jump drives, and her powerplant features high regeneration and capacity for a ship of her size to enable rapid jumping and long-term use of her radar jammer and overdrive.

Dimensions: 28m x 19m x 13m
    Mass: 431.0 (incl. jump engine placeholders)
    Power: 496,451 (53,201/sec)
    Thrust: 653.5 (power consumption 313)
    Shields: 13,462 (995/sec)

Armament:
    Twin lock-on missile batteries:
    Damage: 7875
    Radius: 20
    Range: 1290
    Reload: 15 seconds
    Power: 86,625
    Effect: punch-through

Blueprint

The Hermes-class shuttle is a short-range, armed and shielded runabout-type shuttle, suitable for carriage aboard even the smallest ships.

Dimensions: 6m x 4m x 7m
    Mass: 12.3
    Power: 50,000 (983.8/sec)
    Thrust: 43.8 (power consumption 14)
    Shields: 424 (49/sec)

Armament:
    Quad antimatter guns
    Damage: 90
    Range: 1000
    Reload: 3 seconds
    Power: 1170

Blueprint

Reactions: I_is_Tinsy
    Reaction score
    Should really make sure the ship you are trying to show off is the focus of the image. I thought your scout ship was the big one because the cout wasn't illuminated. Plus I can hardly tell the details of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, it's not the best of pictures. I'll get some better ones when I'm back at home.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The Reliance looks really cool. Nice colours, simple but good :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Should really make sure the ship you are trying to show off is the focus of the image. I thought your scout ship was the big one because the cout wasn't illuminated. Plus I can hardly tell the details of the ship.
    Just going to put this out there.

How in hell's blazes do you mix up a battle-cruiser and a scout?!? Scouts are obviously small lightly armed ships, so I don't think a scout ship would be 200-300m long.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This album shows the process of construction on the Reliance-class, and in general how I go about building ships—I get a rough shape in mind, then I build the internals to that shape.

Reaction score
    Just going to put this out there.

How in hell's blazes do you mix up a battle-cruiser and a scout?!? Scouts are obviously small lightly armed ships, so I don't think a scout ship would be 200-300m long.
    Because of the lighting, I didn't even see there was a smaller ship that was supposed to be the focal point. The cruiser was illuminated and more pronounced, so I thought it was the ship being displayed. It wasn't until I took a long look at the image that I realized there even was a smaller ship.

Plus, there is no defined characteristics of a "scout" space ship, so it could be whatever you wanted it to be. I consider my ~64m long ship to be a cruiser, but thats just me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Spotted in testing:

The Reliance Mark IV is rumored to feature jump engines, improved thrust to mass ratio, a much heavier, centralized point defense loadout, and newly standardized shuttle and turret docks ((that is, the docks now feature enhancers sufficient to fit the stuff they're supposed to)).