Starcraft Hyperion and Terran Structures

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Reads through post... "All hail god builder dphilostrate !"
    Very awesome build, I'm totally stealing the idea of deployable base components.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This thread is great, all the builds are pretty accurate considering you have to use square meter large blocks.

My one complaint is that the Hyperion needs WAY more exterior detail; it looks flat. The canteen and the bridge are both amazing though, great recreations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was talking about FPS and not PING. I will make a version and put up a blueprint for someone to be able to identify the problem. Also keep in mind I started building the Hyperion three years ago...so some of the things may simply need to be updated---although I thought I did everything...I could still be overlooking something.

This thread is great, all the builds are pretty accurate considering you have to use square meter large blocks.

My one complaint is that the Hyperion needs WAY more exterior detail; it looks flat. The canteen and the bridge are both amazing though, great recreations.
    Your complaint is totally valid. Now that the game has slabs. I have started to use those to create more of an appearance paneling. I'm not sure if it will be good enough all the same.

Reactions: IYSE
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well, I was building a Terran Battle Cruiser myself. Mainly due to not seeing any cool looking one's on the dock when I last looked... but if your planning on eventually releasing this, I wont bother. You have gone far beyond what I had planned. My hat goes off to you and your Terran builds sir.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well, I was building a Terran Battle Cruiser myself. Mainly due to not seeing any cool looking one's on the dock when I last looked... but if your planning on eventually releasing this, I wont bother. You have gone far beyond what I had planned. My hat goes off to you and your Terran builds sir.
    You honor me greatly. Feel free to build your battlecruiser since there are many different classes in the Starcraft lore.

Speak of releasing it. Here is my latest WIP of the Hyperion for download. I hope someone can figure out why my FPS drops to 8-15 whenever I am approximately 100m away from the ship's core.

And yeah I know the Yamato Cannon sucks at this time. I will rework it into a a multi-color, multi-tertiary effect monstrosity if I can ever get the FPS to go up.

Also with recent changes to lighting, the ship is far darker on the interior than intended....FYI.

Here is a backup download if you need it.

WIP Download:
    Battlecruiser_MkXXXI.rar

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh, also.
    I have already tried disconnecting all the turrets and rail dockings. No luck with that either.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While trying to find the source of the lag I've found spots on the ship I built before tetras and heptas existed. It feels so....gratifying to get the right sort of angle and create the semblance of circular protrusions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So another update in my pursuit of tracking the lag problems. In addition to removing the docked things, I also started cutting out massive chunks to see if the reduction in blocks changed anything. Nothing so far.

Reaction score
    Reduction of blocks, to my knowledge, isn't going to help. Reduction of rendered faces (Removal of internal spaces included) can, if I recall correctly.

So rip out the interior and turn the whole thing into a solid, rectangular doom cube. Lag solved. Maybe.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No interiors!?!?!?! HERESY!!!!!

lol...you will see the current version of the ship is Mark 31...I have a number of versions from throughout the years as I was building the ship and the lag really seems to starts between Mark 22 through Mark 25 when I replaced the old docking cubes with the rails.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    If its due to the rails, then my first thought is that your not using speed controllers to "Stop" the rail when a ship is docked to it. If you don't set its speed to zero, it will keep trying to move whatever is docked to it, and will cause collision calculations to occur. This does not work with turrets though.

That is just my first thought without actually looking at it though so I could be very wrong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thank you for your insights. I did some more exploring and found my out Mark 23 ship. It was the first one with rails. It only had about half of the turrets it current does. And the main hangers and drop pod launch system was not installed. A lot of logic stuff was not added yet. I am going to start ripping some of the logic stuff out...maybe that will change something

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    One more thing of note. If you can manage to place turrets, so that their bounding dimensions do not intersect with the main ship bounding dimensions (even better if the guns don't intersect the base but that is almost impossible with any good looks in mind) then it should also reduce collision lag.

Any logic clocks you have running will also increase lag. Though I don't know by how much. Hope you don't have to pull everything out to find the largest offenders of lag in that ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Absolutely Love this I play Starcraft 2 almost daily and, WOW this is amazing, you should release the Dropship separately i think people would like it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    One more thing of note. If you can manage to place turrets, so that their bounding dimensions do not intersect with the main ship bounding dimensions (even better if the guns don't intersect the base but that is almost impossible with any good looks in mind) then it should also reduce collision lag.

Any logic clocks you have running will also increase lag. Though I don't know by how much. Hope you don't have to pull everything out to find the largest offenders of lag in that ship.
    There are a few questionable turrets, but there is no lag change when I remove them. I just wish I had a display which could show each collision.

But there are some logic clocks and complex logic systems I could cut.

Absolutely Love this I play Starcraft 2 almost daily and, WOW this is amazing, you should release the Dropship separately i think people would like it.
    The dropship took forever to scale right. I have several old blueprints where it was simply too big because I was trying to design the interiors before the exterior. I've come to find that is a big mistake whenever I design any shuttle.

Reaction score
    Whoa... This is freakin awsome!
    Did you solve the problem? I wanna see a new update. Don't give up bro!