Star Trek - obliterator789

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi all! Myself and some of my buddies will be working on Star Trek ship projects, and I'll be posting some updates here, as well as on my facebook page and possibly will make some YouTube videos of progress and other random shenanigans. This is all also without using cheats, all the materials and whatnot are funded by raiding pirates or merchant starbases.

The first Star Trek ship that is currently being worked on is a Borg Cube, which I know is already a project some others are working on, but we figured we'd start out with something relatively simple compared to something like the NCC-1701 D (how hard can a giant square be?) The dimensions as you'll be able to see in the picture are 202x202x202, which makes it about 1/10 the actual size of a cube. You'll also notice a circular hole in the rear of the cube which is about the scale size of a Borg Sphere, and will be the access bay for a Sphere, which will be the next project. The circular hole is 22x22, which is a bit smaller than 1/4 the size of the Cube, which is what the actual scale ratio of Cube to Sphere is in the Trek universe.

This is just the beginnings with the sides completely finished. Had to raid multiple merchant stations for this much black hull... (soon to be layered to look more Borgy).

http://puu.sh/3w8HZ.jpg

If anyone has suggestions on how I can get mundo amounts of black hull, lemme know, because this project is going to take a LOT of it :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can use admin commands:

for black hull use /giveid (your name) 75 (quantity you want)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I suppose I could live with spawning myself materials, although I did realize I can save the blueprint of the ship and buy it from the market, so I can just buy a clone to harvest for materials (at a minimal 28 million credits :P)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Haven\'t made much progress on the project yet, I\'ll post another picture once the exterior detail is completed. This may take a while as each side is 202x202...which means 202x202*6 = lots of space to detail :)

Once the detail on the exterior is completed, additional progress will be posted in more frequent intervals, as it\'s more interesting to look at the changes with corridors than a hundred pictures of pretty much the same slow snail pace addition of layering to the outter hull ;)

Reaction score
    Here\'s an idea for a quick texture of the surface:

Build a harvester with dimensions of 13 x 13 or so. Make sure to have the salvage cannons on diagonals and not side by side. Make the harvester about 10 deep and hit the surface from the max distance until it starts to pock-mark the surface then move on to another smooth part. This will give you a lovely random cubing level of the surface, maybe 1-3 cubes deep if you keep it at max distance.

It would probably be a good idea to make a backup of your ship before you try this, just in case it goes too deep at first. If you go too deep, then just put some of it back.

I hope that helps!

Bestest!

Bobo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s looking awesome. You should put the ship\'s power tanks on the outside, since they give off that green glow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry it\'s been a while, I have been busy and made some progress on this but not much. I need to have my friends get back to helping me with this, I\'ll post next the completed details of the exterior when it is finished. Hopefully it won\'t bee too long :)

Reaction score
    If you\'re still working on this project, I\'d love to help. I am making my own cube but only 1:25 scale. It won\'t be nearly as fantastic as this.

Reaction score
    Well, when your Borg ship is done, I have it\'s nemisis ship, the USS ENterprise NCC1701D, ready to fight.

http://star-made.org/content/project-ussenterprise-ncc-1701-d