Star Trek: Combat Evolved

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hi, I've been trying to find or build a drydock for the Ambassador-Class construction and I can't seem to get Gaeassons's Drydock to work does anyone know how to get it to work, it'll help me with the construction of the Enterprise-C, Thanks!
    What do you mean by "how to get it to work". It doesnt "work". You just park a ship in it and its a drydock.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Wow.. you are making me consider trying to build my trek ship in Starmade.. I never got her correct in 3DS Max... Be less inspirational, would you? I value my social life...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can you not get it to load or are you having trouble docking? I've gotten it into the game and I use it for big builds, but the docking is messed up so I don't bother with it.

Reaction score
    Can you not get it to load or are you having trouble docking? I've gotten it into the game and I use it for big builds, but the docking is messed up so I don't bother with it.
    What do you mean by "how to get it to work". It doesnt "work". You just park a ship in it and its a drydock.
    no, what i mean is i don't know how to import it since its not a blueprint

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Oh. Only works in singleplayer or if you have admin and file access to the server. Drop the file in the sector-exports folder of the server, go ingame and run /import_sector [SECTOR] [FILE NAME]

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Looks like High Contrast mode got turned on. Try holding Shift + Control and pressing print screen

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    1. Welcome back?

2. I now know your name.

3. News is still constantly bad shit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    No offence to anyone here, but I've been looking for a good Delta Flyer (like from Star Trek Voyager) for a while and have found the very few models available to be ... lacking. One seen in this thread, for instance. Looks pretty good, but at that size it is not able to hold what it needs to be able to do what it needs to do to *be* the DF. Then I looked around and found that the main problem is the blocky nature of the game. At the right scale, it would have a little more room, but still would be really slow and under powered as far as weapons go. The DF was built to be a hot rod.

So I started a project. Designing and building the Delta Flyer III (in the show there was a second one made after the first one was destroyed). It's going to be the same shape as the regular one, but it'll be a lot bigger. I was originally going to just have it be double sized, but due to forgetting to think in multiple dimensions, I doubled the length. Which multiplies the total area by 8, not 2. But this ship will look like the previous DFs but have far more speed and capability.

I've started blocking it off with landscape materials to get a sense of scale going and it's already got plenty of room for a good amount of weapons, two jump drives, and enough power to not go down when simultaneously speeding through a sector and charging the jump drives. If anyone else wants to see it, I'll be putting it up for download once I'm done with the empty hull, and then a few times after that as I fill it in until I'm done.

Reactions: Invitedplanet67
    Reaction score
    No offence to anyone here, but I've been looking for a good Delta Flyer (like from Star Trek Voyager) for a while and have found the very few models available to be ... lacking. One seen in this thread, for instance. Looks pretty good, but at that size it is not able to hold what it needs to be able to do what it needs to do to *be* the DF. Then I looked around and found that the main problem is the blocky nature of the game. At the right scale, it would have a little more room, but still would be really slow and under powered as far as weapons go. The DF was built to be a hot rod.

So I started a project. Designing and building the Delta Flyer III (in the show there was a second one made after the first one was destroyed). It's going to be the same shape as the regular one, but it'll be a lot bigger. I was originally going to just have it be double sized, but due to forgetting to think in multiple dimensions, I doubled the length. Which multiplies the total area by 8, not 2. But this ship will look like the previous DFs but have far more speed and capability.

I've started blocking it off with landscape materials to get a sense of scale going and it's already got plenty of room for a good amount of weapons, two jump drives, and enough power to not go down when simultaneously speeding through a sector and charging the jump drives. If anyone else wants to see it, I'll be putting it up for download once I'm done with the empty hull, and then a few times after that as I fill it in until I'm done.
    I understand what your getting at, I'm gonna recreate a better version of the Delta Flyer once I'm finish with my Ambassador-Class and Intrepid project

Reactions: Super_Dork_42
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I understand what your getting at, I'm gonna recreate a better version of the Delta Flyer once I'm finish with my Ambassador-Class and Intrepid project
    You have great ideas on the looks, I can tell that much. Maybe we could find a server to work on it together sometime. I'd love to work with you on this. I think I'll be making it look more like the DF at the end of the series with the deployable armor (not going to do that part but the dark grey look suited the ship, I think.)

Also, I want to know the moment that intrepid project is done too, Voyager is my favorite series and ship.

Reaction score
    You have great ideas on the looks, I can tell that much. Maybe we could find a server to work on it together sometime. I'd love to work with you on this. I think I'll be making it look more like the DF at the end of the series with the deployable armor (not going to do that part but the dark grey look suited the ship, I think.)

Also, I want to know the moment that intrepid project is done too, Voyager is my favorite series and ship.
    Same Voyager is the best!!!! i'm gonna make different versions of it, original, borgified and deployable armour

Reactions: Super_Dork_42