star need more to them

do you think stars need to be updated

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    this probley has been said before.
    Right now in the game stars are small are just a background, the stars need to be updated. the stars could effect the planets around them planets close to the star are barren hot and have a lot of lava and spawn lava monsters or something that lives in hoi places. planets in the habitals zones have a high chance of spawning life and are the green planets. planets far away are cold and are the ice planets.
    The stars should be bigger then a planet and once you get too close to the star you will get stuck in it's gravity if you don't have enough thrust to escape you will get sucked into the star and your ship will take serve damage. there should be different sizes of stars too.
    Add what you think to the thread
    edit: stars should became a sphere, have different types of stars

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Now, starhaiden , I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying that you want a dynamic "starbox" or do you want to overhaul the suns in starsystems?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think he means that stars shouldn't be just the image and that's it(kind of like it used to be in ksp)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    A star IS just a little light in a background. Actually trying to fly to a star would take thousands of years. This suggestion makes no sense whatsoever.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Perhaps he is talking about the Star in the Solar Sectors; The 'Sun's. Which are basically just a big bloom effect, and once you reach it, a Distorted looking background. There is damage yes, but thats unnoticeable in a medium sized ship.

Thats what I assume he means anyways o -o not dem specs on the background images.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Hum.... I never considered improvements to the suns that we have. Well as this thread is lacking in suggestions on HOW to add/change things allow me to throw out this idea I just taped together in my mind.

Instead of only damaging players when they get close, maybe the type of sun could have an effect on the type of planets that will spawn in its solar system. Furthermore maybe suns could spawn rare effects. Something like solar flares that will screw with power systems and shield systems. It maybe depending on the type of sun it could have strange effects on only specific systems due to the type of radiation it emits. For example AMC based weapons (where an AMC is the main weapon) have reduced damage or have their reload doubled.

Maybe the type of sun could also determine a spawn rate of asteroids? for example one sun might spawn them in its system every 12 real hours while another might not spawn them at all? This could allow for an influx of random minerals.

Anyway just an idea I thought of after reading this thread. OH and I want to note that this is not something that should be a priority! I would much rather have the economy balanced and the new faction system(and many other things) before this got attention.

Reaction score
    I also think different types of suns would be awesome. Binary systems would be cool. And if they were different colors depending on their damage dealt out and different sizes. Actually, come to think of it, stars could be overhauled. Compared to other space exploration games, these stars suck.

Reaction score
    Binary systems would be a cool addition, however suns/stars are gaseous bodies in space so with the exception of a neutron star there would be nothing to land on or to have "monsters" traveling about, and planetary rotation makes navigation a pain in star systems, personally I'd prefer suns to have a more visible "surface" like a planet has at a distance, only the suns's "atmosphere" would persist as you flew through it (taking major damage of course) and Neutron stars could have a surface with a very high gravity which would make them hard to escape without lots of extra thrust vs ship mass.

Just my 2c.

Reaction score
    I'd suggest that stars be treated like planet cores, but colored in a brighter palette, say white & yellow, white & blue, and white & red. add the atmosphere as the stars corona where ship damage begins. if you hit the star itself, your ship is destroyed.

Reaction score
    I am the only one more interested in blowing up stars that in how beautiful they will be? Just imagine the posibilities! ( Also we need a mekanism to defense it,but the solar system freeze. In case of big stars a supernova can blow up the sector. Or a ion star can appear what ducks the ships shields... But also imagine space battles using fast ships to fool titans, Making them go close to a star and the titan death by solars flares while the fasstest ship is avoiding them.

This is the real beauty, the face of the dead. Not mine, yours, please put down your amc. Aggg... I' m still alive... i will come seaking revenge... wtf?

Reaction score
    I think supernovas would be cool, but would have to be rare and have a build up before- this kind of update would occur with more space hazards. I think I agree with jerry here, since stars are impossibly far apart unless we ruined the scale of things some more, and expanded the world greatly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    If your talking about just making the stars bigger for now, you can double the size of the starsprites in the image_resource directory (i cant remember which ones right now) From what i remember, its a little buggy, but works ish, but currently there doesnt seem to be a way of having multiple different star types (although perfectly doable from a generic programming perspective)

The main problem at the moment with stars is that they seem to be a sprite stuck in the lens flare file, so you dont get much choice with what sort of styles you want for them without also changing the lens flare. - And you dont get any choice at all on any of the other charcteristics