Star-Made Server Tool [Auto-Restarter, Garbage Collection, Custom Args, Plus more!]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    works fine for me, the one thing i see getting spamming is every activation of a block. runs fine, can allocate tons of ram which is nice.

a scrolling on and off feature for the CMD would be a nice addition, allows me to track its speed along with if i need to stop and check an error or something can allow it to sit still.

restarts are nice and smooth, also for your readme file - i have windows 8 64bit, my address ended up as ;\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jre7\\bin\", to make sure people on more platforms can understand what to put i suggest adding multiple types of path types or a way for people to figure it out which path route is right for them.

good work!

Reaction score
    You should install the 64 bit version of Java, it will then be under Program Files, and run much better.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    found a problem, i have to delete all your files and reput them in if i ever turn off the server due to it not recognizing the minimum ram amount. also found out that spamming the start or stop button will give it errors and double up its execution (running the same things twice in its execution line).

so, for restarting the server with your timer, i feel it will be hit or miss with it. other then that it works great on the first run, just the 2nd/3rd start and stop need it removed and readded.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Issues relating towards RAM settings is due to the file not writing the amount of ram you gave it. Best solution is to set it by typing it, then clicking up/down. That will force save it towards the file. Then just restarting the program, and hit start server. Should be solved. I\'ll look into the scrolling function as well.

If you\'re having a problem with Java not being detected, please look into the readme about the system variables, and Peace Forgiven post above.

I had a problem with my source, and have to fix some problems, but I\'ll work out the bugs before working on any suggestions above. The next update I want to be able to allow users to set \"Announcements\" periodically. I also have to tweak the garbage collection/custom args.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, the server starts up and shuts down fine for the first automatic restart, but then the program never reinitializes the server itself before trying to run another restart later and failing on each command. Screenshot

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ll look into that as well. I\'ve been working on getting my website setup so It\'s easier to blog new features, quick fixes, ...etc

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There were a couple of problems but Ive been able to clear through them. But one problem persists and I cannot seem to fix it. When trying to dedicate more RAM then the default amount, it says it wont work even though I have set the correct amount of Kb/Mb. The RAM usage seem sto change every once in a while, while the server is active.

Here is the message: Error: Could not create Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occured. Program will exit.

Invalid maximum heap size:: -Xmx(insert amount of RAM here)m

The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.