Star-Made Server Tool [Auto-Restarter, Garbage Collection, Custom Args, Plus more!]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey everyone, been working on a server tool non-stop for days, and finally got to a point to let the public try it. So far it has a ton of features, and still growing! I want more ideas, and I need your help!

(Updated 7/15/2013)

Features Version 0.2.0:

• Ability to give custom amount of RAM.
    • Ability to add Garbage collection
    • Garbage collection logs
    • Ability to give your own arguments
    • Server crash restarter
    • Auto-Restarter
    • Simplified GUI
    • and More!

No longer need to use a bat file anymore!

Instructions, and common problems are located within the ReadMe in the download.

Official download: http://adf.ly/SBrE1

Screenshot (Old, will add a new one)

I have a lot of other features to finish implementing, but going to see how this new version holds up.

Official github tracker: https://github.com/CeFu/Star-Made-Server-Tool

Donate! Help me buy energy drinks!

Reaction score
    i tried to download it, but this mega.co site the tinyurl leads to is sketchy to me. the file is 9kb, but firefox warned be that the site is trying to give me \"over 50 mb of data for offline use\" theres no reason any site should need to do that for a simple file share.... could you put it on mediafire or dropbox or something?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Updated link. I use bitly to tell me how many have downloaded.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    lol mega, is the new megaupload, it first download the file to your cache, that way if the download gets interupted it can easily start up again. Mega is fine, it\'s just a bit weird.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Working on a new update

Better optimization for garbage collection

When you change a setting, it will automatically be saved, and loaded when you restart the application.

Reworking custom args settings.

Extreme code clean up

Planned for this update as well:

Version checker, will check if your version will be current

Stop server function

Reaction score
    firstly, it needs to somehow inject the shutdown command, not kill the process. you will cause rollbacks

secondly, you need to put catches to keep it from crashing when i click the wrong thing

thirly, it DOES NOT work. it didnt restart the server, it just crashed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seems... interesting, if you can perfect the bugs.
    Visual Basic, right? You could make a nicer UI than that too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There\'s no way to inject the command in at this moment. I tried connecting it via TCP, but it was rejected by the server (Still going to look into that). I have another idea on how to do this, so later today I\'ll try it out. It\'s not perfect, and still in alpha, but my main focus is to work on features, tweaks, and so on before making a \"nice UI\".

I\'ll look into it not detecting the \"hard-crashes\", and not restarting it. It\'s been working for me, but I\'ll rewrite it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been having health issues, and have been delayed. I will be resuming development now.

I did address some issues that you have stated, but I\'m afriad that I can\'t \"inject\" a force-save command, but I haven\'t given up quite yet. Sorry for the delay!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Health = 1st priority, modding for others is maybe a close 6th.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry for the delay, been working on multiple projects for my community, and still rewriting a lot of stuff.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the latest updates towards the server side, it is now possible to force save before restart, and warn users. Currently coding that side, while smashing a lot of bugs. This version has no date of release, but it should be soon.

Anyone who still uses this program, and want custom features...etc

Contact me via PM\'s and we can set a meeting by skype, teamspeak, or here.

So far, the server console is built into the applications, this allows you to manually type commands, as you would with just launching the bat file, BUT this is ONE less window to take care of. It also allows other abilities that you will see soon.

Launcher is currently recieving a whole new look, including features. This update will be 2-4 times larger compared to the first version. It also gives the most headaches.\\

Read first post for current/new features.

Reaction score
    If you want to set it to stop the server just have it launch the GUI-less StarNet and send the \"/shutdown\" command.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Before the GUI-less way to start the server didn\'t allow console input at all, but now it\'s possible. So I\'m well aware of thtat now.

Added screenshot of new version