Star-Made Blueprints Site

Reaction score

http://starmadeblueprints.com

Hello!

Star-Made Blueprints is WIP site that aims to be the number one place people go to find just the right ship for their game or servers! Also, it will be the best place to check out the amazing voxel artwork that is coming out of this community; Star-Mades builds make minecraft look like playtoys!

Ship categories are based on a modified Blitzwing. Thanks to Blitzwing for his awesome guide!

Frigate class: 0.1 - 200 Mass

Cruiser class: 200.1 - 1000 Mass

Battleship class: 1500.1 - 5,000 Mass

Dreadnaught class: 5,000.1 - 50,000 Mass

Titan class: 50,000.1 - 250,000 Mass

Calbiri class: 250,000.1 - ?

Stations

Planetary

Please come join us and help start a new community! Upload your blueprints so i can check them out!

Thank you for your time :)

Reaction score
    That background + that colour text just looks awefull and tacky, but mostly its just very difficult to read

Reaction score
    noted. i\'ve been going thru many different starscapes to find one that doesnt clutter too much. i want the site to resemble a HUD on a space craft, and the screenshots of the blueprints to be against the star backround when you view them. this will give you an even better idea when the ship will be pasted into your server\'s starry backround. keep any eye out for updates on this

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If I can offer any constructive criticism, your site really needs to offer something considerably more profound than the Ships page. Your site has the potential for ships to be organized into weight/block classes, but we all know some schmuck is going to post a Dreadnaught in the Frigate forum, and then you have to move it. Say your site gets really popular. Your member-to-schmuck ratio is going to climb proportionately, and you\'ll need to start bringing in Moderators to clean up the mess.

Without features like sorting a list of ships by things like: game version # that the ship was made in, whether or not the submission has a screenshot, number of views, number of downloads, number of votes, number of comments, date uploaded, etc., etc., etc. your site is just another forum.

You have to beat the enormous appeal and ease of players being able to upload their blueprints to this site. I think you have a long way to go.

Reaction score
    ya actually i modeled this after my favorite schematic site: http://www.mcschematics.com/

but i kinda agree that his method is a little sloppy. you know what will help you with searching the methods? i will make a sample post for each of the size categories that the submitters must use. i will also switch mine to that method. what total bits of information would you think a user like you needs to see on a blueprint entry?

Reaction score
    check this out!

BLUEPRINT NAME: {write ships name}
    SHIPWRIGHT: {your name or user name}
    BLOCKS: 24,000
    MASS: 43,345
    TOTAL SHIELDS: 20,000
    RECHARGE RATE: 1,200 /SEC
    MAXIMUM SPEED: 250 KPH
    TOTAL THRUST: 2,400
    STARSHIP ROLE: {salvage, mining, space attack, planetary raid, carrier, ect.}
    GAME VERSION: {put version of starmade this blueprint is for}
    ARMAMENT: {optional}
    STORY: {optional}

BLUEPRINT NAME: Garrets Doomsday
    SHIPWRIGHT: GarretSidzaka
    BLOCKS: 36,000
    MASS: 58,345
    TOTAL SHIELDS: 36,000
    RECHARGE RATE: 1,400 /SEC
    MAXIMUM SPEED: 250 KPH
    TOTAL THRUST: 2,400
    STARSHIP ROLE: space attack, planetary raid
    GAME VERSION: .09378
    ARMAMENT: 40 ANTIMATTER countless missiles
    STORY:
    This ship is heavily armored and shielded and has like 40 really big cannons that just dissolve thru hull.
    wieghing in at over 30,000 blocks and around 9 million in price, it also has 5 turrets!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I avoid mcschematics.com like the plague. I hate looking for schematics there.

http://www.minecraft-schematics.com/ is infinitely better. All the filters/categories you can use in your search... And it\'s so bloody easy to upload and track your schematics. Even Planet Minecraft is a pale shadow in comparison.

Just my two cents.

Reaction score
    Currently, it looks way too busy, only looking at the home page makes my eyes tired already.

If you want to make an attractive website, keep it simple and clean.

Use single colors close to eachother (or colors that fit together) for the body, don\'t use a huge background image as it takes a while to load. Minimizing everything is the best solution. Don\'t use transparency either, especially not in conjunction with a background like the one you got now.

Rahlzel gave a great example of how a clean site would look. It has a great layout, emphasizes the important things (the schematics and some of their details), and is easy to navigate.

Just remember, you can go two ways: dark background + bright fonts, or bright background + dark fonts.

Since StarMade is space-themed, I\'d pick a dark-ish background, and a bright font, it is easier on the eye anyway.

Consider all of the above :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looks like something I made on Geocities when I was 13. DO NOT WANT!

Clean up the post backgrounds. You want a flat, non-transparent color. Light gray with Black font is very easy to read. White and black is fine, too. Any sort of light, solid color for the post background will be fine with black font. White on black is fine, too, so long as you aren\'t using font that is too wacky or skinny. The colors here on Star-made site work fine together... even though the forum script is an absolute mess and should be broken off into....

vBulletin. Get it if you\'re serious about the forum system. Much more powerful, better support, costs a little money, but it\'s worth every penny when seriously developing a forum-based project. With ads, you should be able to make back what you spend for a VB license within a year if you maintain the community well.

Other than that, good luck. I tried maintaining a forum for around 500 active, paying members and it wore me out despite the really nice recuring income. I maintained it for about a year, but just couldn\'t keep up with demand and had to close shop for my own sanity.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    is there a way to stop heat seeking missles fired from my main ship from circling my turret?