Star Chart

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    A Navigation Computer block that can be activated from the quickbar. When activated it brings up a navigation window.

It can store locations of interest, such as Faction Bases, planets, or the location of some valuable asteroid. These locations may have a name and short description. No more needing to write them down on paper.

It can auto-pilot a ship to a stored location. It flies in straight lines, however, and may end up stuck on an asteroid or attempting to fly through a star.

It can transmit stored information to other ships in the area, if you want to direct faction members to a valuable treasure or give false information to an enemy.

It can siphon information from the navigation computers of defeated ships.

It can activate FTL, if and when that feature is implemented.

Reactions: jayman38 and Snk
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have only five words: better map and 'N' menu. Because that is what you want.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have only five words: better map and 'N' menu. Because that is what you want.
    The OP suggestion would be a great way to replace the awkward p+shift map system we have. But then again, maybe the Nav menu could have a built-in interactive 3D mini-map. That would be a cool alternative way to select different structures. The list should stay, but I'd like to be able to re-sort alphabetically.