Stacks of hull blocks self duping/disappearing.

Reaction score
    I've noticed over the last week that stacks of hull blocks are duping themselves and disappearing, from my hotbar.

I build my ships on a home-hosted multiplayer server and give myself stacks of whatever I need using admin commands, I nearly always just give myself a stack of 100k so I won't run out for a while. If I don't need a certain color I will store them in an onboard container to keep my inventory clean.

I 'm not entirely sure of the exact circumstances in which this happens, I tend to zone out while building and just thought 'huh' the first few times and just dropped the new stack into the old one. I'm pretty sure it only happens with hull blocks, I haven't noticed any stacks of functional blocks disappearing/duping. So far I've tripled my supply of all 3 types of hardened black hull blocks, doubled the basic hardened grey hull blocks and lost my stack of hardened grey hull wedges. It only seems to occur with stacks on the hotbar.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    ive experianced this for some time now. from what ive heard its a lag related problem

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When I\'ve seen this happen I was switching between blocks rapidly because I was building at an angle so I would place a wedge then solid and another wedge and so on. A lag spike hit while I was scrolling between blocks and *poof* my hardened black hulls turned into hardend black wedges... at that point I gave up trying to build \"legit\" and just replaced the items with admin commands.