Stabilizer Connection Beam Tweaks

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The current beam is in my opinion in any way more pain than any help. It is way more clumsy than the complete old energy system. Currently to cover this stream you need at least a 2 by 2 size tube (when perfectly placed - realistic is 3 by 3) running from your reaktor to your stabilisators - which are on the other side of the ship somewhere - so a fragile build is now way more complicated or even impossible. Additionally a build which does not depent on physical connections between every part of it is also highly discuraged.

Its like the old energy system but with a 2 by 2 (3 by 3) minimum size tube.

I would vote for removing the beam completely again - currently i can't see enought benefit for any player, unless what captain skwidz said.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    The current beam is in my opinion in any way more pain than any help. It is way more clumsy than the complete old energy system. Currently to cover this stream you need at least a 2 by 2 size tube (when perfectly placed - realistic is 3 by 3) running from your reaktor to your stabilisators - which are on the other side of the ship somewhere - so a fragile build is now way more complicated or even impossible. Additionally a build which does not depent on physical connections between every part of it is also highly discuraged.

Its like the old energy system but with a 2 by 2 (3 by 3) minimum size tube.

It depends on how you build it. Currently you can redirect your beam through your ship. Also you don't need to stabilize your reactor for max output unless stabilization is below 25% (?). So if you have a very big reactor you may need a lot of blocks to hide your beam but a line of blocks is enough to hide the smallest on
    e.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Could you clarify this?
    very big reactor
    smallest one
    Currently i tried to refit this build with a reactor size of 50: Goblins Fleet Submission 1 (the bigger one with turrets).
    And currently loading the jump drive is not possible (which could chance when the chambers are installed) while flying at the same time.

But the stream is allready the said size big

Good to know that the size chances with the amount of blocks.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    Has anyone else been annoyed that you can’ split the beam. I think that you should be able to split the beam to make it smaller and spread throughout the ship. I also think that using the beam (like using a door) should make it very translucent to you.

Reactions: Skwidz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Has anyone else been annoyed that you can’ split the beam. I think that you should be able to split the beam to make it smaller and spread throughout the ship. I also think that using the beam (like using a door) should make it very translucent to you.
    There should be a block called a stream node or something which you can use to redirect the streams.

Reaction score
    You can't split it per say, but you can redirect it it with nodes. If you want to make it split as a visual effect, you can put two stabilizers 3 blocks apart so you get two streams, then use the nodes to direct them as needed

Reaction score
    You can't split it per say, but you can redirect it it with nodes. If you want to make it split as a visual effect, you can put two stabilizers 3 blocks apart so you get two streams, then use the nodes to direct them as needed
    The unfortunate part about your suggestion is that with the new update, that would decrease overall stabilization if you are utilizing the stabilization bonus (unless you have a bigger more efficient stabilizer group in that same dimension).