SSV Normandy SR2 (WIP)

Reaction score
    Been making this for a couple months. Alliance SSV Normandy SR2 from Mass Effect 3. Making it as accurate as possible, not size-wise, with interior and exterior. Some parts have been fudged to make interiors fit. For instance, the elevator moves laterally as well as up and down. The war room is moved further back than in-game.

All decks have work started or done. After the interior is finished I will complete the engines. Here is the current deck progress:

Captain's Cabin: 100%
    CIC: 89%
    Crew Deck: 100%
    Engineering Deck: 38%
    Shuttle Bay: 10%

Here are some pictures of the progress. Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looking awesome!

Have you considered using docked entities for the engines? It might be easier and end up looking better.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    since you can build them straight and not slanted making detail easier to do without lookig to edgy.

Reaction score
    That, and you only really need to build the one of them, and simply "spawn" the other 3. (I have a miniature of the SR2 on my desk right now, all four engine pods are identical)

Yes, you could just build them normally, but it's slightly easier to do them as separate entities.
    (unless you want OVERDRIVE, in which case they ought to be part of the main entity to get the "best" efficiency for simplicity's sake)

Reaction score
    War room complete!

since you can build them straight and not slanted making detail easier to do without lookig to edgy.
    That, and you only really need to build the one of them, and simply "spawn" the other 3. (I have a miniature of the SR2 on my desk right now, all four engine pods are identical)

Yes, you could just build them normally, but it's slightly easier to do them as separate entities.
    (unless you want OVERDRIVE, in which case they ought to be part of the main entity to get the "best" efficiency for simplicity's sake)
    I see, that would look better. I think I will keep with the slab look to avoid more ship cores. I have also been stuffing power and shield modules in them.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I should have been clearer, I meant make the whole 'wing' assemblies as angled separate entities, not just the engines. then they are far less wedgy and better able to mimic the shape of the real thing.

But either way, beautiful work dude :)

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, the Normandy. Classic choice :)

Looks good so far! I'm excited to see where you take it.

Reaction score
    I should have been clearer, I meant make the whole 'wing' assemblies as angled separate entities, not just the engines. then they are far less wedgy and better able to mimic the shape of the real thing.

But either way, beautiful work dude :)
    Yeah I figured that's what you meant. I'm really considering it. It would look great, just unsure if I want more docked entities than I already have but you are right it would look stellar. I will come back to it after I finish the interior.

Ah, the Normandy. Classic choice :)

Looks good so far! I'm excited to see where you take it.
    Thanks! It was your SR1 and TrueExcalibur116's SR2 that inspired me to build this. I love your SR1, it was the first ship I downloaded into Starmade.

Reactions: BJammin