Splitting cubatoms stopped working, possibly due to selecting a cubatom to reduce the dropdown list

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It was working, and then it stopped working. I had split a variety of different things fine, refined some, and even fabricated something, so it wasn't just doing one and then it breaking.

I selected the cubatom I wanted, selected purple rock stuff from the dropdown, and it gave me an error about not having any octogen. I unselected the cubatom and found purple rock stuff in the dropdown which now listed all the things that I might possibly ever have at some point in the distant future but didn't have right now (in addition to the things I did have, mixed in among them in no apparent order).

It gave the same error:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26452959/starmadecubatomsdonthaveitemIdontneed.jpg

So I logged out, then logged back in. Tried again, selecting the cubatom I wanted and then selecting from the dropdown of items which gave that cubatom (I got the wrong cubatom several times because I wasn't watching their conductivity, but eventually found it). This time it gave no error message, but still didn't work. Tried splitting some other things. Still didn't work. Tried some ores I had split before. Those didn't split either, still no error messages. Logged out again. Logged back in. Pressed Num5. Started typing up this post, finished up to this part. Did not select any cubatoms. Loaded the giant dropdown, found purple rock stuff, clicked OK... and it split properly.

Conclusion: Possibly selecting a cubatom and/or using the resulting shortened dropdown list breaks splitting somehow until logout. Needs confirmation from others.

Edit: It appears to get stuck on one thing and tries to only split that until the game is restarted. This doesn't always happen.