Splitscreen

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    In last preupdate we got gamepad/joystick support so how about 2 players on 1 computer?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I highly doubt we\'d get this feature. Look at it like other sandbox games just like this for example: Minecraft

you can easily play over LAN or other privately ran servers but will probably never have anything like that.

-CozMedic

Reaction score
    Not the best of ideas. Not sure why anyone would do this when I don\'t have enough screen space at the best of times, splitting it in half would do my head in!

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    LAN play is supported right out of the box. IF you have a truely uber box you can hook up two monitors run the server in dedicated mode and then run two clients on the same machine each with different login credentials. if you have one huge screen you can use windowed mode to act like to different displays.
    But we\'re talking about having to set that all up hook up two controllers map them both to their respective clients and all that jazz. Not only would that be possibly confusing and frustrating but you\'d need at least 8 gigs of ram running off a 2nd or 3rd gen I7 at least plus a powered gpu with enough cooling to keep the game running without burning out, well everything. It\'s have to be an nVidia geforce 640 or better and you couldn\'t run both clients at full spec you\'d have to kill shadows and bloom to get decent FPS for both clients.

Is it really worth the trouble?

Hell two cheap c-50 laptops and an external server would be enough to run the game with two gamepads. i\'d recommend a 4th gen i3. even with intel hd graphics it\'ll do well enough on a server. (update your drivers and java alway on an intel gpu)

TL:DR- no, there\'s almost no likelyhood of split screen support happening. But good luck with whatever you try to work out on your own starmate AK1M.

Reaction score
    My computer can easilly support splitscreen. I have a 2.8GHz i5, 16GB of ram, and a beefy GTX660Ti graphics card, and to top it off, I even have 2 24 inch monnitors. But that is because I built it that way. The vast majority of peoples computers aren\'t even half of my system, and it would be unreasonable to try and taks those systems with 2 instances of the game being rendered.