spikes for astronauts. insta kill

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    spikey spikes that kills an astronaut on touch. would like to use this as defence and to make parkours.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Lava (which kills you slowly/ish)? or do you mean insta death on contact?

Reaction score
    Almost like this was an open invitation for all the knowitalls. A knowitallvention you might say. knowitallcensus? who knows... bet you did right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I recommend a continuous beam laser pit or if it's on a homebase you can use a logic signal to a warhead to generate infinite explosions.

Reactions: Asvarduil

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Almost like this was an open invitation for all the knowitalls. A knowitallvention you might say. knowitallcensus? who knows... bet you did right?
    Rudimentary spikes don't really make sense against space suits that can withstand lasers, sniper rifles and short exposure to lava...

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT???? ;)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Aw, no spammy lava chainpost? I am almost disappointed.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Make cacti painful and lava more painful. Problem solved.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Lava (which kills you slowly/ish)? or do you mean insta death on contact?
    Lava? Lava.
    insta kill, not a oh no i am standing on lava and slowly dying lets jump away and survive.

I'd rather be able to electrify things, like mesh blocks. Electric fences anyone?
    does sound more spacy

Rudimentary spikes don't really make sense against space suits that can withstand lasers, sniper rifles and short exposure to lava...

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT???? ;)
    spike makes hole in suit so you can't brea.... no helmet right.... the spikes are like impaling you through your suit ripping you open like this guy

don't click if you are younger than 13 or aren't able to look at bloody (literally) pictures
    happy Halloween?
    changed my mind, i better don't show a picture of a dead impaled guy

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    An instant-kill block would be overpowered. Imagine if someone put one of those on top of a transporter block, or dumped spikeballs onto astronauts. Or had deployable rail spike traps in their ship interiors... Boarding would be impossible.

Reaction score
    I'd rather be able to electrify things, like mesh blocks. Electric fences anyone?
    That's a good idea. Certain blocks could become electrified via a handheld item or if you want to do a larger group... new ship weapon anyone?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    An instant-kill block would be overpowered. Imagine if someone put one of those on top of a transporter block, or dumped spikeballs onto astronauts. Or had deployable rail spike traps in their ship interiors... Boarding would be impossible.
    sorry what? since when is boarding ships possible?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Since torches were added? Since warheads were made to ignore shields?
    warhead, could possibly do, torches? ha that's a joke right?
    or do you expect the ship owner to be just sitting there for 30 minutes? taking that you have a friend holding the build jammer.
    If I were te be boarded, I'd just go and prepare a sandwich, get some drinks maybe take a shower of 10 minutes. and then come back to see if the boarding is still trying to get to my faction block, he'll need that to take over the ship. I don't think anyone is prepared to go through at least 4 blocks of advanced armor+all the system blocks. if they are still in, I jump to homebase where the turrets take care of the enemy. and that was just without boarding defences. I could just fill all hallways with blast doors, and get a box of 4 layers of advanced armor around my core and well, just put my faction block on a random unreachable place. only moments when boarding is/was possible: in the beginning when people could think about a smart counter move. and now random noobs in simple noob ships, but i don't suppose that's worth the time.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    warhead, could possibly do, torches? ha that's a joke right?
    or do you expect the ship owner to be just sitting there for 30 minutes? taking that you have a friend holding the build jammer.
    If I were te be boarded, I'd just go and prepare a sandwich, get some drinks maybe take a shower of 10 minutes. and then come back to see if the boarding is still trying to get to my faction block, he'll need that to take over the ship. I don't think anyone is prepared to go through at least 4 blocks of advanced armor+all the system blocks. if they are still in, I jump to homebase where the turrets take care of the enemy. and that was just without boarding defences. I could just fill all hallways with blast doors, and get a box of 4 layers of advanced armor around my core and well, just put my faction block on a random unreachable place. only moments when boarding is/was possible: in the beginning when people could think about a smart counter move. and now random noobs in simple noob ships, but i don't suppose that's worth the time.
    OR the person could just torch the core, drag your ass out of it and kill you :D