Speed warning

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Why not? I have my congif set at 300 max speed, and never had any problems.

Edit: 50 KILOMETERS per second?!? Alright. Yep. Bad idea.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, but some of us like moving faster than a geriatric snail.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    50km/sec?

Good lord, its bad enough when I'm in an overdrive pod on my 300m/sec and the pirate base spawns around me instead of in front of me!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I never much understood the desire to change the speed in the game. Distances are relative - and space is really big, after all. On my friend's server he wanted to increase the sector size, but then he wanted to increase flight speed by the same ratio or more. A.) He just made an increase in sector size moot, and B.) He screwed up missile and small-ship dynamics by a lot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I never much understood the desire to change the speed in the game. Distances are relative - and space is really big, after all. On my friend's server he wanted to increase the sector size, but then he wanted to increase flight speed by the same ratio or more. A.) He just made an increase in sector size moot, and B.) He screwed up missile and small-ship dynamics by a lot.
    Heh yeah lol. I like that style but... I set my sectors to 10k, and gave myself a 2km/s speed limit... worked great for 3 sectors travel and then the server crashed >< Now I just run 10k sectors and a paltry 125m/s (Since you can take it up to double with the right configuration). Takes forever to get anywhere, but hey - space is BIG!