Spawning

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cooler and more interesting if the player spawned on a planet, and had to gather resources, build a ship then go to other planets?

Reaction score
    not really for me, on planet you havn\'t any shop ( the shop can be moved yes ) but some problem of your idea : first the planet isn\'t infinite so all player finished to destroy the planet for all ore too fast, the shophavn\'t illimited space per block, and the gravity can be problematic for player loosing or making a bad ship.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I beleive a better place to start would be a space hanger of sorts, like the drydocks in startrek. These should function as shops, the only place for non-admin players to buy blueprints, and be able to repair ships to how they was spawned for a fee.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The thing is, the game doesn\'t have that much survival element in it. You don\'t struggle to survive, say the first hour.

Reaction score
    Right now, there is a very nice tutorial showing you how to build the first ship when you first start the game. While how you start the game can be debated, I think that throwing players straight into the core of the game (flying and building ships) is important. Being on a planet is definitely something I expected when I first started the game, but it makes sense to be next to a shop at the beginning.

At the same time, server admins have the flexability to add these options at the moment. You can change the spawn location and build a controlled space station with a shop. You can even protect the spawn from griefing. At least server admins can be creative if they want.