Read by Schine Spawning turrets docked

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Good morning! I apologize if this suggestion is no longer worth mentioning with blueprints leaving the stage, but I really think that it's worth mentioning.

we all know how great it is to spawn turret blueprints, then hunt down the things, then docking them.

I purpose the option of being able to fill the blueprint, then right clicking on the turret rail docker with the blueprint filled, and then having it spawn the turret docked to that docker.

Thank you for your time

-Xiel

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    "Create Docked" could have a "Select Blueprint" button on it, and a series of controls to determine which rail docker on the base entity is being utilized.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah. I hate having to chase down turrets, adding a thruster, flying it to the ship, docking it, then removing the thruster.

Having the option to spawn a turret from bluebrint via create docked would skip all the bs involved with putting turrets on your ship.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I spent literally hours yesterday putting PD turrets on my ship, and I am not finished. There was absolutely zero creativity doing this, their builds and positions had already been determined. It was zero fun, this was purely a chore. The game desperately needs a better way to do this, such as the OP's suggestion.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Agree 120%. Turrets are one of the coolest things in his game. Docking them is not. In fact, it ranks up there with mass deleting entities and filling space around ship interiors with systems as one of the most unfun things to do in this game.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Agree 120%. Turrets are one of the coolest things in his game. Docking them is not. In fact, it ranks up there with mass deleting entities and filling space around ship interiors with systems as one of the most unfun things to do in this game.
    Hmm... Has someone suggested yet a 'fill' function in build helper?

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hmm... Has someone suggested yet a 'fill' function in build helper?
    That would be the greatest thing since sliced space bread. I wonder how it would work though. It would have to run a check to determine enclosed spaces and not fill outside the hull, or inside the crew quarters. And that does sound laggy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    If blueprint spawning is being phased out I would suggest this option be made possible inside the shipyard, so you wouldn't even need to fill the blueprint.

1. Get turret blueprint from catalog.
    2. Go into shipyard design mode with waiting ship.
    3. Click with the blueprint selected in the hotbar on the rail you want it docked too. (No reason to limit it to turrets, I'm thinking about building carriers with fighters already docked)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I think this is a feature that will make it's way to the game eventually. Turret management is something that can be improved upon, The first place I would expect to see this is in shipyards.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What I would like to see when using the create docked entity option is a ghost image of the rail dockers and core before placing them. I find the arrows confusing, and can't seem to place then facing the direction I want the to face.