Spawning Materials

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ill keep this brief. I'm currently writing a small secondary program where you can run it alongside Starmade and select any blocks you wish to spawn into the game. By clicking the categories and selecting the correct block, the command and ID will be placed on your clipboard for you to ctrl v into the chat (admins only). You can select what player and the quantities seperately so it will remember it for each use rather than having to be re-entered each time. If there is a large amount of interest, I shall make it available to the masses, but for the moment, I'm just interested to know what people feel about this program. In the future, I plan to allow for favourites to be selected for quick spawning.

Note: It will not in anyway make changes to the game itself. It is not a mod, and must be run seperately from the game.

edit: Finished: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yelz231ghfts7nv/ID%20Finder.exe

Reaction score
    Sounds interesting. I know I\'d use it when im building randomly. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It currently works for the Standard and Hardened Hull materials as well as the lights. Search functions and other similar things would be added at a later date too. Essentially I just want to see if its worth me actually finding a place to host the download once its finished or not.

Reaction score
    uhh.. you DO know there already is commands to spawn blocks, right? for instance the /spawnid command

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    he knows there is a command for them the program is used as a shothand for you to find select and past the commannd into the game for faster block selection

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The entire idea operates off of that command. Ill give an example to cover any confusion.

Normally, you would type: /giveid

But that means you have to find the ID, which can take a little while and be slightly irratating as there is no standardised grouping for the ID\'s yet. Also, typing in your name and the amount everytime is, although only marginally, time consuming. Finally, I don\'t know about anyone else, byt I often forget to put a slash at the beginning of the command, and so i just say it in chat rather than actually doing it, so then I have to do it again.

None of these are particully major issues, but when you\'re tring to get on with a build, it would just be nice to have an easier way to do it. Thats where this program comes in. It litarally just copies the: /giveid command with all the options you chose to the clipboard so you can paste it into the chat. Its not a mod, its not designed to give you the items at the click of a button, it just makes a slightly slow process less annoying.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I enjoy mods like these. They make building nice looking structures much simpler. And for those who continually preach that anybody who doesn\'t legitly scavenge all their building materials by hand is lazy, I\'m sorry, but I don\'t have the time that you people have.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have edited the original post to contain the download link, enjoy and tell me if you\'d like to me to make some changes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How does it work? I enter my info to the program then nothing happens? Do i have to type something in on the game?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its just a program I made in my lunch periods at school, so there\'s no bells or whistles.