Spawn in planet core - if not ships than me

Reaction score
    If I exit the game while on a planet surface, either my ships, or me (or probably both - no way to tell since I die directly after spawning) spawn in the planet core. Is there no way to prevent this?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    If I exit the game while on a planet surface, either my ships, or me (or probably both - no way to tell since I die directly after spawning) spawn in the planet core. Is there no way to prevent this?
    The current Dodecahedron planets are kinda bugged. As such, gravity may pull you toward the planet core before all the planet segments load. If a planet segment spawns around you while you are falling, you may have gotten caught inside a lava pocket; which will kill you. In the past, I've actually had docked craft, spawn undocked and then fall to the core. This creates lag on multiplayer servers and a loss of matierials when an admin deletes your fallen object. Not fun...

Ways I get around this...

Elevated structures: Spaceports, floating cities built 50+ meters above the surface. This spawns the area around you first so that you have something solid to stand on. For a zero gravity environment, try placing a single basic rail, about 75 meters above the surface of your planet then docking a separate structure. That single rail is more likely to spawn quickly when the game loads and less likely pull you and your structure with the planet's full gravity.
    Additional Pylons.jpg Fleet3.jpg Axis Fleet.jpg

Orbits and planetary rings: These are used to dock ships outside of a planet's gravity. The one's I make are usually made of water which is intangble; making it easy to get them out of the core and back into "orbit" with a small reactor and a few thrusters. To make an orbit point, place a basic rail anywhere you'd like to dock.
    Orbit.jpg starmade-screenshot-0006.png
    When I want to get fancy, or have way too many blocks in my storage depot, I sometimes, build an orbital space ring to circle the planet; again, docked on a single rail block.
    Space Ring 01.jpg Space Ring int2.jpg Ring.jpg

Build your own planet!!! Sometimes gravity is a pain to work but you still want your own planetary environment. You can add rings, dock ships, build cities; etc and combine the structures and methods described above. The catch is you have to use gravity blocks when you want to walk around or reorient yourself to the "side" of the planet you want to land on; as the gravity chamber system doesn't work quite right.
    Planetoid06.jpg Planetoid logo.png
    If you want to make a DIY planet, Here are some pointers on how to get started.
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/introducing-the-united-star-axis.21034/post-378777

Let me know if you have any questions.

~ The Whammy...

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    I don't know if it would help with spawning in on planets but sitting on a block before entering a ship's core sets a respawn point for the character model on core exit. At least it's simple to try.