Spam Error when trying to PM someone

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Four times now I have gotten a site error telling me that I am spamming or using inappropriate content. I have no profanity at all, no insults, or anything of that nature. I'm trying to reply to a PM my friend sent me asking for some source material. I've put a couple of links (long ones), in the reply but I don't see that as spam. It's purple because it's a link, not just a block of regular text like a troll would use. No pictures or videos.... Just text and inserted links.

This issue is beginning to really frustrate me as CS will not reply to me nor has this error gone away. I just spent about 4 hours sifting through images of things on the net to narrow down to about 5 images. Do I need to start asking people for their personal emails so I can just send them a PM, or is there some secret dance or ritual I don't know about? I'll be honest I'm really irritated, ok, very irritated and frustrated and I'm sorry if it's showing.

My friend is waiting on the links to images from me and I can't send them. I've tried over and over, after "waiting a while" before trying again. Whatever logic the forums are using to detect spam and profanity has malfunctioned. What software is being used? HAL 9000? Skynet? Because it seems like the system is trying to terminate my replies to my friends. It's letting certain people post trollish, degrading, and insulting reviews on master builder's content (and might I note one specific person is still here and not banned for using two accounts to do so), but it's keeping me from having a normal but important discussion with a friend.

More importantly, does "Contact Us" actually send a mail to a human being? Or is it a bogus account that is used to collect CS mail? The error says to contact a site manager if it doesn't change. Well I've never received any reply when I've sent one in. The only time I've actually received help with something is on these forums in a post like this, from another community member or a Moderator. The only time "Report" a person worked is when I made an actual post about it on the forums (that a Mod had to close because quite a few people didn't like the person either).

I don't like to post on the forums about things like this because "Contact Us" is supposed to be reserved for this kind of issue. I also looked at every page before posting because I don't like people that don't even look for an answer before posting. And now I feel like one of those people posting something that shouldn't need to be posted here so now I'm irritated with myself. Please tell me someone has an answer.

EDIT: Ok so I found a way around the system. Always been good at finding loopholes. Ironically I've had to spam my friend with 6 separate replies with 1 link per reply, when I could have put it all into 1 post like I originally wanted too. Site Amin's, you're anti-spam system has just caused me to spam my friend which I did not want to do. Fix this.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Sounds like you found an error that is giving the wrong error message honestly. I've noticed that it happens in game, when you do something that the game doesn't expect and it gives you a incorrect error message because it doesn't even know.

I believe there is a Size (kB) limit for images, and I know there is a image count limit per post/reply. Should point one of the many web devs into looking at the image imbedding/adding. Were you using a image hosting site like Imgur? or uploading from local into the post?

I didn't even know we had an anti-spam tbh. We probably could use one, but I dont see how they could even make it work if they tried.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    CyberTao: That's the thing, I wasn't putting any pic's in the actual post. I was just using the "link" button on the toolbar to put a clickable link to an image instead because there was other relevant pictures on the same web page/search. Here's what I think: I think that you aren't allowed to put a certain amount of characters in one long line without real spaces. And by real spaces I mean what I'm using as spacing now and not using the underscore as a space. I think it must be to prevent walls of just repeated sentences or random text.

Colonel Shepard: No I wasn't posting too fast at first. This initial attempts in the past have always been like this one: I start writing in the text area then over time after I find stuff to talk about or put the actual web address to that image I try to post it and I get that error. Now the last time I got this error I was trying to PM from my smartphone. I don't remember the circumstances the first two times. After I figured out I could do it one link at a time, then I had no problem. I would also post them like a minute apart too, and no errors.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I've seen your email, as I've been busy at Twitchcon, I haven't had a chance to reply yet.

We have a spam detection system here, which was implemented a few weeks ago. We used to get a few spam attacks every day, now that no longer happens. The system is detecting your conversations as spam due to the incredibly long links and the number of links you are posting. The site you're posting looks ancient and doesn't have friendly URLs, which almost every modern legit site has. Because of this, your post looks like spam and so will not be permitted through our forum.

I've never heard of any human account getting a spam detection issue before, so you are the first. If you're just trying to send images, please get the image url and not the page url. That way your links aren't going to be massive.

Reactions: Sarge4ID
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ah,

Thanks Duke for getting back to me on this so quickly. It's been really frustrating and I apologize for my irritated cynical demeanor, but it just hasn't been my week. Hope things went well at Twitchcon. Yeah I too have noticed the extremely long links I was trying to send to my friend. I think it's because not only was I sending them a picture, but was sending my search results as well. I'll start linking directly to the image and tell people to google image search for more related images. This doesn't happen hardly at all and I link screenshots and stuff all the time. And as for being the first, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I hope no one is going to the trouble of investigating, since it wasn't heard of till now. I don't want someone to do unnecessary work. So far, SM has been the best voxel game I've played, and I've played them all. I've met the coolest people here and have had a blast building with them. I have no other complaint's really about the game or site other than a troll that I wanted to see banned and these 4 errors, lol. Thanks.