Read by Council Spacing between Star`s

Reaction score
    Void Sectors in between stars
    so, in starmade, the current design in-game on star system design looks like this:
    Starmde current star map.jpg
    (use imagination, the green lines represent system edges)
    as you can see, each star is in a uniform, grid like design. However, it would be better if it was like this:
    Starmade New star design prefix.jpg
    as you can see here, there are void sectors inbewteen stars, this allows a more authentic look for the game. As in RL, large regions of space are generally empty, even if it doesn't look like that. This also makes resources scarcer, as the trip to other systems would be longer, and thus make some players stuck.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464688087,1464687683][/DOUBLEPOST]just had a look, seems like you guys are thinking on it. So, yea...

Reactions: Alphajim and JNC

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Void Sectors in between stars
    so, in starmade, the current design in-game on star system design looks like this:
    View attachment 26490
    (use imagination, the green lines represent system edges)
    as you can see, each star is in a uniform, grid like design. However, it would be better if it was like this:
    View attachment 26491
    as you can see here, there are void sectors inbewteen stars, this allows a more authentic look for the game. As in RL, large regions of space are generally empty, even if it doesn't look like that. This also makes resources scarcer, as the trip to other systems would be longer, and thus make some players stuck.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464688087,1464687683][/DOUBLEPOST]just had a look, seems like you guys are thinking on it. So, yea...
    How about placing stars at odd places within the systems also? Make them a little off-center.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well Currently if you go to the outer sections of the galaxies they will start to look like what you are suggesting. Only the center of the galaxy is a perfect grid. I have spent plenty of time at a lone star at the end of a galaxies arm. But I do like making thing off center in a Sector. Like maybe finding two stations within spitting distance or two asteroid sectors butting up making one really big asteroid field.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Good discussion! Everyone complains about my 100km sectors, but space is supposed to be huge! lol. I dig the suggestion and discussion, however I am also kinda in a wait and see mode on the subject at the moment:

We know that in the long run another rework of our universe is due and even listed on the public roadmap (Trello), here it is referred to as 'expanded stellar diversity.' We've heard some amazing rumors of stuff like nebula and gas giants, etc.. So fingers crossed that expanded stellar diversity means better star spacing!

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Right, with more content it will almost certainly become larger... it would have to!

A smaller size does make for easier testing... but with the console commands you can zip around wherever you want to be.