Spacie's "Spacious" Spaceships

Reaction score
    Good day, weary pilots of marvelous vessels. I would like to share with you some creations of mine, some old, some new, some still works in progress. When designing such feats of engineering I mostly start with exterior, then internal systems, followed by the realisation that an interior is also something one should have. Consequently, interiors of the following vessels tend to be quite bare. In any case, I hope you enjoy.

[ Newly Finished Ships ]
    ythral_small.gif
    1_small.png
    A 307m long ship, focused on missile assault and defense. The main hull is equipped with 64, 170k damage lock on missiles and a substantial complement of swarmers. There are 16 anti missile turrets covering almost all angles. Finally we have 3 medium and 1 large anti ship turret, all with the new turret system.
    Of course it also has substantial shielding and jumpdrive capabilities.
    The design was based on this LEGO model.
    2015-05-29_00002.jpg
    2015-05-29_00006.jpg

[ Work in Progress ]
    Homeworld 2 Dreadnought (Dreadnaught according to homeworld)
    wip-1-small.png
    Started out as an obj file from the original homeworld 2 game, smeditted into the game, then cleaned up the hull. Now after a ton of wedging and some painting it's at the 'bland' stage. Still a long way to go.
    2015-05-29_00010.jpg 2015-05-29_00012.jpg

[ Older Ships ]
    gremlin2_small.gif
    1-small.png

For this one I took a different route than usual, started with a frame only composed of a massive salvage array and a powergenerator made as compact as possible. The outer hull was added afterwards. This is actually the second iteration, the first was built before tweaks to salvage arrays, so after that update I had a lot of power to spare. So I added more salvage beams, making this a little front heavy.
    The main idea was to get a powerful salvager that was as manoeuvrable as possible, had decent jump capabilities and some basic defenses against pirates.

Swoosh-1000

An older ship (~1 year), made to look beautiful, not much more.

Rattlesnake Corvette

A smaller ship, which I apparently hadn't saved locally with all its systems (excuse the empty areas).
    I might fix it someday.
    More image!

That's it for now.​

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Awesome color scheme. Is the missile cruiser a replica or an original ship?

Reaction score
    Thank you! The missile cruiser was based on this lego model with a fair bit of creative license. As far as I know the lego model wasn't based on anything else itself.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    working next to spacie is simultaneously stimulating and horrifying. seeing these ships in your screenshots makes even workhorse ships i've spend hours in like the gremlin seem fresh and beautiful all over again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Dude, Im really liking that missile cruiser, they are rail turrets I presume?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    holy shit wow, just wow, I love the colours and shape of especially the missile criser

Reaction score
    With the advent of the latest update, blueprints for ships with rail turrets seem to be fixed which means I can be pleased to announce the release of the above missile cruiser.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Reaction score
    Hi there, was wondering what the buttons on the wall inside near the core were for? I think i counted around 8. Love the design, 10 stars from me.

Reaction score
    OK I got your message on the review. The front buttons which open and close the hatch work great. Which is cool because I like how the rear lights turn off when hatches are open. Very neat! The side buttons however I cannot for the life of me get to work. I see the 4 pronged bit in the front, but it doesnt move with any button combination I've tried. Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
    I'm not sure what would be wrong there, might be the recent update, might be something I did.

Anyway,
    Over the past week or so I've been trying to get some old ships I made in minecraft over, today I seem to have succeeded as much as is possible with a terribly outdated smedit and all.

below a link to an imgur album with most of the stuff in minecraft I might port. All of it using plusnine's neat Deep Space Pack, which I eventually took over. (some of the ships are mine, other stuff is from old friends)

Imgur Album

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm not sure what would be wrong there, might be the recent update, might be something I did.

Anyway,
    Over the past week or so I've been trying to get some old ships I made in minecraft over, today I seem to have succeeded as much as is possible with a terribly outdated smedit and all.

below a link to an imgur album with most of the stuff in minecraft I might port. All of it using plusnine's neat Deep Space Pack, which I eventually took over. (some of the ships are mine, other stuff is from old friends)

Imgur Album
    Some of those are awesome! Cant wait to see them in StarMade