Space Station Icon Colors

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One thing I've wanted since I first played this game. Is for the space station icons in the galaxy map to be color coded to whatever faction owned them. So I could look at the galaxy map and see my station in it's own color, the trade guild stations in blue, and the pirate stations in red. Maybe the neutral/abandoned/unknown stations in gray. It would make the map much more friendly to look at. And I wouldn't have to hover my mouse over every station to see who owned it.

For this to be a thing, the player would need to be able to pick a color for his own faction. This color would apply to...

Faction space station icons on galaxy map
    Faction member fleet icons on galaxy map
    Targeting brackets and arrows in flight mode
    The colored dots on the radar

When the faction system finally comes out, I would really, really enjoy having either different colors or different icons or something, so I can tell who owns what space stations in the galaxy map without having to hover my mouse over each one to read the text.

Edit:
    Perhaps the player should also have the ability to choose from a selection of very simple ship icons and space station icons to be used for their faction stations and fleets on the galaxy map. Combined with a color selection it should make player factions on servers more unique and easily identifiable from each other.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Even just having them show up red, green, or blue like the radar indicators would be a big help. The most annoying thing right now is not being able to identify enemy stations by the map icon.
    The ability to pick a faction color could be a problem with a lot of factions on a server. There is not a huge number of colors that are easily distinguishable from each other.
    It would be cool to have faction icons and logos though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I made a quick addition to my post. The ability to select a ship and station icon for your faction. That, plus a faction color selection, should make it so you can tell factions apart on the galaxy map. If someone insists on copying both your colors and icons after that, then you should probably declare war and annihilate them.