Space Mines, Space Truckers, Trading Guild Empire Incentives

Reaction score
    I would like to be able to set out hundreds of warhead mounted mines to protect areas of space. I'd like them black and hull magnetic and I need them to last forever. They should not show up as cores and they should not be detectable through anything but line of sight. Yes I know I'm dark.

It would be great if the Trading Guild gave missions for delivering freight across solar systems so people would be forced to cross enemy territory.

Also it was be nice if the Trading Guild incentivized the expansion of faction territory with massive random treasure.

Sorry for the spacing and sorry if people have said these ideas before.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    IMHO.

Sadly mines would end up being more of a grief tool than a game mechanic. I've already seen more than one dweeb on more than one server that would think it hilarious to build a million mines and spew them around the initial spawn point asteroid fields or spend an overnight dumping boatloads of them around every shop in 100 sectors.

Reaction score
    People are horrible. I wanted them as a form of defense I'm no griefer, oh well. Crest of the Stars used them as a weapon system. I was coming from a tactical view or at least I thought I was.

Reaction score
    Holy clouds of death in space! Where do I find this planned feature list? I've been playing like 3 months and recruited 2 friends to this game so I don't know that much. I want more info on these planned griefer bombs. Are any of my other ideas planned?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    It was supposed to come out when the weapons update came out. I've heard little about it since.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Holy clouds of death in space! Where do I find this planned feature list? I've been playing like 3 months and recruited 2 friends to this game so I don't know that much. I want more info on these planned griefer bombs. Are any of my other ideas planned?
    The following is a link to the official roadmap.
    https://trello.com/b/9Kg5Jn6g/starmade-roadmap

It doesn't have any mention of any new weapon systems. Someone on the council might need to clarify with the dev team on whether there are any new weapon systems such as mine layers that are still planned features. The dev team might have dropped it from their plan.

Reaction score
    Thank you for the link and general information. I wish that fifth weapon system was cluster bombs. We'd have mines through unexploded ordinance. I like the idea of an area never truly becoming what it was, but I also like the idea of auto recovering biomes and how about some animals and oceans? It's like there's just asteroids and bigger asteroids called planets.