Space Anomalies

Reaction score
    Currently there isnt much that populates the starmade universe that is generated besides: Planets, suns, Asteroids, Stations, Shops and Pirates. Perhaps there could be more variety added into the game? Such as:

Abandoned Minefields
    Minefields that span over a whole sector or possibly more to serve as an obstacle that smallerships could fly through or where a dogfight could occur and would test their flight ability, makes it bit more interesting but problem is that the mines would create too much lag to be implemented..

Abandoned Hulks
    Derelict tradeships or warships that have been either abandoned or damaged to the point where life support couldn't be sustained. These hulks could provide opportunity for players who might want to begin the game without cheating in materials, they could find a rare hulk in space but only if they are so fortunate..

Wormholes
    Wormholes that could link between two locations of the universe taking you further into the depth of the universe, but you wouldnt want to stay for long since its away from your home, going through the wormhole should have consequences though, could have hull damage in proportionate to the size of your ship.

Asteroid fields
    Randomly created asteroid fields that would generate a belt of the same type of asteroids so that asteroid mining could be profitable if you find a decent belt to mine..

And there are more possibilites that can favor economy, combat and exploration.

Reaction score
    Whilst I like and agree with pretty much everything here, you have to remember that the game is being developed and coded by just one man, and it's still in the stages of having the basic systems ironed out and installed. I imagine that things like this are pretty much a given to happen in a game like Starmade, it's just a matter of time and patience.

Reaction score
    Yeah thats true, this isnt really a necessity, although the wormholes would have higher praticality for exploration, but the rest is just polish and extras.

Reaction score
    All of those would be simple to integrate since its randomly generated he would just have to add them into the distribution code I'm sure. although the wormhole idea might be a bit complicated. though id guess hed just have to set a rare generation and program it to randomly choose a sector and teleport the player to it. not really complicated. and i'm sure they'll all be there. but right now their working on the weapons systems.