space anchor - butthurt no more

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    well,i guess you all know that there is a big problem when you park your ship in high traffic area... ships bump in you,and your ship spins around,causing quite a mess if there is more ships parked around..

my suggestion is that Schema adds a simple block.. "space anchor" block,something similar to activation block,so when you exit your ship...you press "R" on that block,and from that point your ship is fixed in space (like stations) ,you can bump into it but it wont move.

soo much butthurt will go away with this feature,+ players and servers wont crash that much.

say what you will,but i long for this one,so please support it :P
    thank you guys :D
    t000.png

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just a little suggestion to this:
    One anchorblock may only support a limited space to be fixed in space (like docking-area) and the bigger your ship is, the more anchor-enhance-blocks you'll need.
    Or they use some amount of energy per block.

just for the fairness, you know and beside this +1 from me ;)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Just a little suggestion to this:
    One anchorblock may only support a limited space to be fixed in space (like docking-area) and the bigger your ship is, the more anchor-enhance-blocks you'll need.
    Or they use some amount of energy per block.

just for the fairness, you know and beside this +1 from me ;)
    yeap,i agree,but nothing special..i dont want too much blocks,otherwise i would just build a normal dock.

Reaction score
    i have a little suggestion to make this not break physic.
    instead of freezing the ship in place, upon activation of the anchor block eill store the ship's position / location, then when te ship gets smashed out of place the anchor block will counter it by manoevering to the stored position / location (only if the ship has thrusters)
    this could also be used for auto piloting.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    i have a little suggestion to make this not break physic.
    instead of freezing the ship in place, upon activation of the anchor block eill store the ship's position / location, then when te ship gets smashed out of place the anchor block will counter it by manoevering to the stored position / location (only if the ship has thrusters)
    this could also be used for auto piloting.
    yes,that is very good,i like it

Reactions: Raiben
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ace idea, but 1 block is enough. I do not want to stuff anymore mostly-useless or specialty blocks on my ships than I have to. Space is limited and very tight on almost all ships, especially smaller ones that I like, and in control / core rooms. 1 anchor block is enough. IMO it's a bit crepe that we have to use enhancer blocks, already, i don't want multiple anchor blocks.

Plus, this will cut down on lag due to collisions, which seem worse with ships than with a station / planet.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I like the idea, i actually think that it may be effective to anchor a single point on the ship, so that if it were bumped, it would move, like any ship at anchor, and get out of the way of any other ship anchored, but it would only spin on whatever point on the ship, so that it doesn't go careening off into space. Look up video of boats at anchor, and you can see what I mean.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmmm, I can see great application for this block. It'll stop large ships from smashing into things if someone or something collides with them, and would make a nice alternative to docks. Maybe instead of stopping all movement and making the ship a fixed point in space, maybe have it so the block lessens the effect of the impact, so any movement is severely reduced (even normal pilot controlled movement) until the anchor is disengaged and the ship is free to move again.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i was thinking of this idea for a while and it would solve so many problems with performance. besides it would make station ships more viable since you can park them somewhere and not have it flip or tilt when something hits it.

has anyone brought this up to schema yet?

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think this is a really good suggestion, but my only concern is that it will immediately be abused. People could trap the spawn of a server fairly easily. Alternatively you could have sectors that you are not allowed to use the anchor in. Then it would be good. You should not be able to anchor in the same sector as a station, because then you could trap someones base.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I think this is a really good suggestion, but my only concern is that it will immediately be abused. People could trap the spawn of a server fairly easily. Alternatively you could have sectors that you are not allowed to use the anchor in. Then it would be good. You should not be able to anchor in the same sector as a station, because then you could trap someones base.
    trolls will use everything they can to troll,if they want to troll ok,admins can kick them,just search who entered last in that ship and bye bye :P ,i dont think that would be a problem

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    trolls will use everything they can to troll,if they want to troll ok,admins can kick them,just search who entered last in that ship and bye bye :p ,i dont think that would be a problem
    i know, but think about the server rebel alliance, they are soooo big, it will be really hard to stop trolls there.Ah I know, maybe the anchor only works when you are like 200 blocks from a static structure?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    i know, but think about the server rebel alliance, they are soooo big, it will be really hard to stop trolls there.Ah I know, maybe the anchor only works when you are like 200 blocks from a static structure?
    200 block,hmm..ok ,sounds good,that i can live with :P

Reaction score
    YES! THIS!

You could even use the LOGIC system to launch mines or something that were docked in the bay! Or park an asteroid in a carrier.

Reaction score
    what about, instead of freezing the ship in place or having the "anchor" block a pivot point, make this block act as a activation for inertial dampeners, where if you were bumped, the ships would instantly start to counteract the inertia. you could also adjust the strength of the inertial dampeners so you can make it that the ships can move alot or a little, depending on the strength you set it as and how hard you are hit. so this would basically like in space engineers.

Reaction score
    what about, instead of freezing the ship in place or having the "anchor" block a pivot point, make this block act as a activation for inertial dampeners, where if you were bumped, the ships would instantly start to counteract the inertia. you could also adjust the strength of the inertial dampeners so you can make it that the ships can move alot or a little, depending on the strength you set it as and how hard you are hit. so this would basically like in space engineers.
    This is good too, I'm concerned that this might increase resource usage though?

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You could even use the LOGIC system to launch mines or something that were docked in the bay! Or park an asteroid in a carrier.
    yeah heavy mines or weaponplatforms/stationary turrets would make a big use from the anchors.

Reaction score
    i think it's a great idea but im pretty sure we all are thinking this, we dont want starmade to end up like minecraft or anything, just 1 block to anchor the ship would be good in my opinion so its not adding any other unnecessary items into the game. this is my opinion though and yours is probably different but all in all, we could surely use this anchor block, keep u[p the good work guys :)

Reaction score
    i think it's a great idea but im pretty sure we all are thinking this, we dont want starmade to end up like minecraft or anything, just 1 block to anchor the ship would be good in my opinion so its not adding any other unnecessary items into the game. this is my opinion though and yours is probably different but all in all, we could surely use this anchor block, keep u[p the good work guys :)
    Most of us came from MC, so some MC-like comforts could be added in. Still, I agree it would bea better idea to make StarMAde into its own unique game.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    i dont know what are you guys talking about,i have never heard that there is a space anchor in minecraft,even if there is,space anchor is a possible tech that may be developed in the future i think,quantum lock in space,its a space tech,starmade is a space game,space ..you know,or are we going back to an ancient thread >who stole which idea from whatever game,its like saying that battlefield stole ideas from cod because its a shooter game,cmon guys..
    so here it is what it will be like.
    Space Anchor,one block,you activate it,it uses power to maintain quantum lock,ship stays in place,end :P
    is there minecraft in this sentence?