Soz, I accidentally an overhaul.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Essentially, I'm stressed because I had all of my ideas fully fleshed out, then it got cleared by me clicking on the chat box. So I'm posting a general synopsis of all the ideas instead.

First, please go check out my post in the thread "hull absorbtion" because all of my ideas assume that the other ideas were implimented to the fullest extent.

Improved ship destruction!!
    When a ship collides with anything, both things take damage. A mildly shielded ship colliding with an asteroid would put a dent in the asteroid and take the shields down on the ship. A capital would see an asteroid as "That annoying blip on the shield bar that keeps popping up" because of the much higher shields. Of course, a capital ramming into an asteroid will = no more asteroid. A ship crashing into an atomsphere would create a crater around it.
    When a ship block such as engines gets destroyed, a value is produced depending on the type. If multiple blocks are destroyed in the same tick, then the values get added together. After the tick, a splash explosion effect occures at the epicenter of the blocks. The value is how much damage it does to the surrounding area. A fighter won't have enough components to do more than lower shields a bit for nearby fighters, but a capital could knock a hole in the hull of a nearby capital, and may set off a chain reaction of nearby frigates and corvettes being blown up as well. Possible side effects: Chain reactioning the HECK out of the ship's own components! This, coupled with the increase hull health from the research idea, would result in a different type of ship combat.

Improved drones
    A higher AI module of course, one maybe 100x more expensive. This AI module should be capable of leaving a ship and redocking, offloading cargo holds into the ship it returned to's holds, capable of firing salvage beams at abandoned targets it finds, exploring systems in a logical patrol progression, avoiding collision, and even building/repairing ships it finds that are allied. Reasons? It should be able to be used to salvage wrecks. It should be able to be used for complicated fighters that undock when detecting a threat, then return to the ship. It should also be the exclusive use of blueprints. When a drone finds a damaged ship of a kind it has blueprints of, it will search it's assigned ship/station/base for the pieces used in repairing the ship, then start constructing it. Common idea. But it should also be the only way to construct new ships via blueprint, because the load credits into shop, output ship system is crazy, and auto shipyards would look awesome.

Ship battle aftermath!
    Imagine, if you will, a fleet vs fleet battle took place in deep space. Everyone intellegient died, and all the AI ships killed each other after a while. All that is left is a wreckage floating in space.

Every piece of your ship that gets disconnected from the rest of your ship entirely falls off completely and is no longer considered part of your ship. Every piece, from that stray block of hull to the aux engines that you didn't secure well enough. Every block has gravity, a mild attraction to each other, that is barely present in small pieces but compounds as the pieces get closer together and larger. Orbit is possible.

In this empty void of space, the pieces float together. No one thinks of returning to this area, in fear of the Ai ships continuing to wage eternal war against anything that comes close. The ships patrol this area, avoiding collisions perfectly, and searching for enemy ships. As they're exploring the area, not leaving because they have a range on their carrier which is now a wreck, the wreckage is attracted to each other. The larger pieces slowly pull the smaller ones closer in, until the smaller pieces collide and merge with the larger pieces. Eventually, all the pieces of wreckage become one structure the ships protect.

Center of gravity should be used on all things (except functional ships of course). A cave-in feature would also be nice to see, where blocks fall closer to the center of gravity if they can, occassionally, resulting in a smoothing effect.

Over time, this structure smooths as pieces collapse into the gravity, filling pockets formed by the interiors of the ship, until, years later, the wreckage cloud becomes a moon-like structure (bonus points to anyone who knows where this idea came from!) with small pieces orbitting around it, guarding by AI fighters that were launched from the ship that now makes up the core of the moon.

If this happened over a planet, the moon like structure would orbit the planet, unless the pieces crashed into the planet one by one, in which case, collision damage would result in the surface being pelted with small ships and blocks.

Larger galaxy
    Srsly. We need solar systems so far from each other that you can spend hours in deep space trying to fly a fighter from one to the other.
    "but that's no fun!"
    FTL drives. Specifically, a hyperdrive would be best, because it makes a ship phase out of reality to prevent it from hitting objects. Smaller ships have to do something called "Jump" however, which meant a spot in which the ship stopped nearly entirely to recharge, then started back up. A small ship, such as a interceptor, would be unable to use a FTL drive at all. A heavier ship, like a fighter or bomber, may be able to use one, but their generator would burn out after only a few seconds, forcing it to jump slowly. A larger ship like a freighter would be able to hop larger distances, and a capital ship/carrier would be capable of jumping HUGE distances without needing recharging except for the largest of jumps.
    How do you keep ships from jumping away? Gravity wells of course! A gravity well is a structure slightly more expensive than a warp core. It prevents all enemy ships in a huge radius from activating their hyperdrive, allowing you to chase them down if they try to get away. Alternatively, you could have scanned them and aimed for their hyperdrive. More on that later.
    Solar systems should be the size of our own solar system, and planets should be MUCH larger to reflect this, with potentially moons and of course, spherical. The deeper you go, the higher tier of resources you find.

Better resources
    THe ability to refine all resources to the point where it appears to be a pure block of said resource. Another thing that would be nice is if resources spawned in veins in the huge planets, meaning that you would come across occasional blocks of insanium T1, then slowly the T1 would become more common and T2 would appear, then the T2 would become more common, the T1 would disappear nearly entirely, and the T3 appeared more, as you got closer to the center of the vein. A large enough vein could have SEVERAL T10 blocks in it's node. These would be rare of course. How do you find them?

Scanners
    Scanners locate certain blocks when used. Larger scanner banks will result in larger range. When a scanner is aimmed at a structure and a block is selected in the UI, it shows where that block is with very little accuracy. This can be put on a planetside vehicle to locate ores of various types, or can be put on a ship to find the cores and components of it. Speaking of which...

Cores
    I think that multiple ship cores should be placeable, for one, as well as the component core idea which allowed a ship to be crippled one piece at a time. There's other threads suggesting this and explaining why, so eh.

Research system
    Reinforced hull? Useless! Okay, well, it does look nice, but this idea is a better implementation of it. All ship components, hulls, and ect can be upgraded infinitely using the same T system as resources, except the blueprints gain efficency, and much more expensive, IE: 100 of T1 needed to make T2 at first, and so on. This is to make it more of a group effort than a personal one. It's also a good way to make the prettier ships more effective in battle, because it's no longer efficent just to pile things together, but rather to work on the higher build of something.
    Ship Blueprints also have this system added, where rather than it just looking at the type used in the original build, it has text entry boxes allowing you to tell it what tier of each block to use in all blueprints of this type. That makes it so that a blueprint can be updated to have the newest level of engine tech, and then a repair drone will fly up to all ships of that type that dock, realize that it has the wrong blocks, and replace them with the newer ones. Weight would of course increase as well, to keep ships from suddenly becoming nimble when they just don't have any buisness being so, unless of course only the engines are upgraded and everything else is crap, but you might as well make a fully upgraded fighter if that's your approach.
    Side effects? It's possible for a fighter to become as powerful as a carrier if it's makers were well established.
    Cool side effects? Precursor ships abandoned by long dead civilizations, warping into a system looking for their also long dead enemies, and then warping out, completely piloted by their AI modules.
    Fun gameplay side effects? Salvage scales in value with wealth.

Blueprint painting software
    Someone linked me to this. Nevermind. I feel shtupid now.

New ground combat system
    Of course!
    We need tanks, aircraft, and walkers.
    I'd like to see a RPG launcher, a machine gun type weapon, a handgun, a handheld salvage beam, a lasercutter beam that only works on blocks, and a sniper rifle, all upgradable using the same system as components, just for boarding ships. I'd also like a portable spacewalk item set, which is a few things, including a gravity well attacher, allowing you to enter the gravity of enemy ships while outside them, pulling yourself onto them despite their movement, a jetpack, an item allowing speedier movement through space, and a "velocity reducer" allowing you to skyjump without taking damage upon collision with the ground. Oh!

Objects take damage when entering atmosphere
    The heavier the object, the more damage it'll take depending on speed.
    A fighter could easily manage the small damage to it's shields, but a capital ship would lose their shields in a matter of moments and start having their hull burn up. Once the capital ship has hit the ground, all shields would be gone, and it's hull would be ripped away. The final blow to the ship would be the collision with the ground, at which point the entire ship would fall apart in a wreckheep.
    Some larger ships could be designed for planetside landing, but they'd require specialty engines designed to slow movement speed enough to drop the ship cautiously.

So.. don't tell me what you think because TL;DR usually.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is my view on this:

Research System: the research hull thing is ok, but Infinite? that would make people who have done it more OP and others easy to kill.

Larger galaxy: Really? There is an almost infinite amount of sectors, so why do you want more?

Ship battle aftermath: = Tons, TONS of lag and SERVER CRASHES.

Improved drones: 100X more expensive? AI modules already cost 699 credits! X5 or X10 would be much better.

Improved ship destruction: No-one rams anyone anyway unless they want massive lag, client crashes or server crashes.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dude you think like schema would add all of this. Right now this instant.. Then perhaps you are right, But think final product..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I know, I am just saying if all this was added to the starmade we have right now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ship destruction. Let\'s add torque first. Having your shuttle resting on one corner is annoying. Also, no impact damage. Make disintegrators worth something if you want to ram stuff.

Research: Infinte seems OP.

Ground combat/personal stuff. Only thing I personally want to see is a jetpack. Also, the ability to tilt myself.

Reaction score
    Every piece of your ship that gets disconnected from the rest of your ship entirely falls off completely and is no longer considered part of your ship.

Yes!

Every block has gravity, a mild attraction to each other, that is barely present in small pieces but compounds as the pieces get closer together and larger.

Eh, I don\'t like that. You whole concept of things drifting and collecting over time is misguided. After death, the wreckage would be salvaged. No one would let capitals and other ships just float out there.

Scanners locate certain blocks when used.

I like that. This would go really well if the targeting diamond on ships was moved.

Research trees: I like the idea of that, but infinite upgrades is op. How about a tree similar to League of Legends where each style of play has its own tree. In this case there could be a tree for factories or AMCs tech, something along those lines. Each upgrade would be from a .2% increase to a 1% increase. Its enough to make a difference but doesn\'t blow others out of the water.

Blueprint painting software

Here, i dunno what the thread is called, and dont feel it searching for it. Its called SMedit. It lets you do a LOT of things. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=smedit

Ground combat is a planned feature.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I only really like the idea of large ships taking damage when entering a planet and collision damage.

Reaction score
    While I like most of these ideas, there\'s also some ideas that I would rather not have in the game.

The improved ship destruction mechanic, is of course, a desirable thing. Also, the \"aftermath can easily be folded into this one. I would prefer that everything didn\'t just collapse into one giant ball of ship parts, but I would enjoy seeing the result of combat.

If I understand right, you want to add an improved A.I. module in addition to the old one? If I am correct, then that idea is something I would support. I would like better drones (repair drone, for instance, or maybe a salvage drone), but that would take an EXTREME amount of coding to have functional. So would most of the features you mentioned, actually.

As to the larger galaxies, I think that the distance between stars is fine. However, the FTL and the gravity well? You\'re pretty much asking for star wars, right there. (Not that I\'m against star wars.)

I have no opinion on having better resourcesor not (also inculdes the scanner), still not sure if they are needed at all.

I would prefer to not have multiple cores, thank you. Sure, there are some ideas for this that sound decent, but overall I don\'t like them. They would be irritating and redundant. However, I do agree, it is far too easy to kill a ship currently. Multiple cores is not the way to go to solve that problem, though.

Atmospheric friction? Interesting idea, but wouldn\'t be encountered very much in the current game.

I don\'t see the point of ground combat, unless you can use them on or inside ships. It is one thing that I definitely want in this game: boarding.

As to the research system, I do like that idea. As long as the armour of a block never got above 99%, it wouldn\'t even be that overpowered, either. After all, you wouldn\'t expect the today\'s world with currently technology to be able to beat, say, any of those groups in fictional stories: halo, mass effect, star wars, battlestar galactica, farscape, etc. All of them would just smite us as we are now.

I still think that the weapons should be improved in general, with at least piecing being added to AMCs and missiles being slightly better in every way, but you do cover a number of pretty good ideas.

Also, I do know that feeling, I have also lost important thoughts on computers. I have also lost a college essay, that was... \"fun.\"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks a lot, all my repliers!

Comments on research idea:

I thought the cost of the next tier (100!!) would be enough to make it far too expensive for it to increase infinitely. The infinite idea (Infinite being to whatever bit it turns out is the maximum integer) was entirely for the over powered to continue to grow in strength, but each tier obviously will cost more than the last, and eventually their ship will be worth WAAAY too much to be expendable. In case you skimmed through it: each tier would be an entirely new block that had to be crafted individually from 20-100 (depending on how many times it\'s been done before) of the last one. And that\'s just for one block.

Esentially, it\'ll be less efficent of an upgrade than just building a larger ship, but if you have a particular design of ship that you REALLY like, then it\'d be a good way of upgrading that design without having to change its appearance.

Larger galaxy -

I meant more distance between system and a logical looking galaxy to support larger and more beautiful planets.

The LTMGTFY Smedit link.

Thanks. I forgot that existed.. somehow.

Salvage

Probably the craziest idea I had. Anyway, I really do think salvage would be left alone if it was layed in a sector of space forgotten, guarded by a few OP fighters, and wasn\'t considered made out of valuable enough materials for a salvage operation from either original empire. But on the average day, you\'re right, people would be along quickly to salvage it.

Lag!!!!!!!

Can we just get out of the way that everything I suggest will be implimented in a low lag manner that possibly makes your game work even better?

In the strange world where my ideas were actually implimented, there WOULD be anti-lag updates, so that shouldn\'t be used as an excuse why not.

No ramming!!

Raming a ship into another ship with a disintegrator will always be prefered to ramming your ship into another ship without one. In fact, it\'d be outright stupid of you to ram your ship anyway. It\'s more of an anti bounce idea, letting capital ships just push through wreckage fields and solar systems without too much issue.

Salvage drone cost

You know people are going to build fleets of salvage drones, so it\'d probably best that they do be pricy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The improved ship destruction idea and the ball collapse idea was meant to be over a long period of time. It was inspired by a german MMO I played a while back, where a moon could be formed over a planet if a huge battle took place there.

Yep, a different AI module of course. Bobby is a great gunman, but he leaves something to be desired with piloting.

Larger galaxies

I admit, I was inspired by Star Wars for the hyperdrive, and so I also took Star Wars \'s anti-hyperdrive measures into account, being the interdiction cruisers. I also prefer the Warp/Hyperdrive system to beacons/gates and of course, hot tea travel (Instant)

I\'d also like to see a galactic map option, allowing you to view all solar systems you visited and your location.

As for why we need larger galaxies, it\'s more so to make deep space a more common thing, so that solar systems are wanted a lot more.

Scanner

Well, the scanner ties in with the multi core idea, letting you find the spots of the ship that needs pwning. It\'s also for finding veins of valuable materials for hand mining, which make the initial game a lot more bearable

Multi core

Personally, I like to idea of making space combat require more effort by making ships have to be disabled one component at a time, but if another better way of making space combat require longer fights was thought of, I\'d love to support that instead. I think adding multiple shipcores would make it less of a target, meaning it\'d be better to just go after the exposed portions of the ship that are obvious targets and try to get the opponent to abandon ship, or splash damage the ship to destruction.

Atmospheric friction

Yeah, I know it\'d come up rarely in today\'s game, but if planets become larger, then it\'d be nice and almost required to prevent huge ships from being used on them.

Ground combat

YES! Boarding parties! :D

I mainly would love to see a few people in a boarding shuttle find a hole in the hull of an enemy ship, jump out, and then spacewalk into the ship to find the core and destroy it by hand!

Armor for research wouldn\'t go above 99%. It could come close though. It COULD get infinitely closer to 100%, like an arrow!

That sounds bad, about the essay. Pretty painful too.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I still don\'t think spherical planets, but I think that this idea is very solid. I think coin-worlds, double sided with gravity on both sides, would work best for this game. I do like the idea of huge ships taking massive amounts of damage when entering the atmosphere as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really want to see deep mining operations in planets. The size of planets I think should be added would be so big that you wouldn\'t notice they\'re spherical until you start walking on corners. Perhaps rather than spherical, there could be cubical with a face on each side and smoothed corners so that it felt more spherical, but was easier to get across.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ehmmm... I would prefer a LUA-AI Module xD Then the Community could write the Codes for all these different drones! This would be the best way to implement Complex AI.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I do like the idea of huge ships taking massive amounts of damage when entering the atmosphere as well.

What is huge? 100 metres? or >50? Maybe ships with more than 1 million energy production.

Ehmmm... I would prefer a LUA-AI Module xD Then the Community could write the Codes for all these different drones! This would be the best way to implement Complex AI.

Do you know \"X3 - Reunion\"?

There you have a menu from which you can select get-function calls and possible actions + math and if...

The big advantage is, that they took sentences like \"Spawn ship s = from type t in galaxy g, at coordinates x, y, z.

You can use arrow keys to go to the parameters and either put your own variable (from a list, no writing) in or a number, string, etc.

To you, it looks like a sentence, but the code sees something like \"label, textbox, label, textbox, ... and knows which textbox is which argument.

The big advantage is, that you have a list of possible choices, an own set of allowed commands (you can make a sandbox where only a list of commands is allowed) and convert it to java, lua or whatever.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about instead of messing with gravity we just implement freaking huge asteroids (like shit your pants asteroids that dwarf a planet five times over). This would allow deep minig operations and minimal lagging minimal coding issues.

However for this to work there would really need to be a limiter of some sort on weapons an salvage beams otherwise people will just build checkerboard core drillers and mine to the center of the asteroids. Perhaps some form of overheating or reworking the energy cost values so they\'re exponential instead of stable.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i would really want to see more AIs but the planets? Theres thousands of them in game, if they were all massive it would take extreme amounts of coding, and take extreme amounts of processing power to have all of them. And a comment on a comment

\"What is huge? 100 metres? or >50? Maybe ships with more than 1 million energy production.\" -NeonSturm

really havent u seen titans?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The planets would be bigger and more fun to conquer and colonize, but there would be fewer of them.

As for size, a lot smaller than a titan at full speed for burning up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You have some very good ideas here, though I don\'t entirely agree with your proposal for ship hulls.

There should be different types of hull block, i.e. some that in small quantities (fighter craft) provide superior protection and lighter weight below a certain number, the reverse for armor suited for larger craft, or blocks that provide better protection against certain weapons. There should be multiple \'tiers\' above their base type for added feature but can be only gotten though use of factories and raw materials/recipies.

If not the above (or in addition), depending on the number of hull block in a ship/station armor value, hit points and weight/mass should scale up a couple percent on each block. For example: You have a ship with 10,000 standard hull blocks. The armor, HP, and weight for each block goes up 1-2% (or less even) based on the total number of hull blocks present, thus standard hull currently at, say, 200 hp would now be 300-400 hp and armor value and weight respective. Most likely the bonus would scale down slightly above certain numbers to keep it from getting ridiculous. Different hull types/tiers could also have better bonuses above/below certain numbers as well. This would make upgraded hull blocks and multiple layers actually worth something vs missiles.

Missiles on the other hand should have drastically different physics. Instead of always dealing a set amount of damage over their total blast radius, making them able to destroy all blocks inside it even if the damage is only slightly above the total HP of the hull blocks, the damage should be dealt in reduction from one block to the next. For example: Lets say a missile deals 1000 damage at the epicenter of impact (two block square) and each block has 200HP, the next layer is dealt 800 damage, then 600, 400, ect. until all damage has been dealt out to the max radius if possible. If the blocks have an armor value of 25%, the missile still theoretically deals 1000, but a quarter of it is \'soaked\', non-soaked damage destroys out to the max that 750 will do, and the soaked damage is dealt past that by being divided out the the max radius in smaller increments. Armor rating should also increase by a certain level for every layer of hull the missile would penetrate to limit damage to multi-layer hulls, but then increase the blast radius on the surface layer. The idea is hard to explain without a visual aid and it would require quite a lot of testing/balancing, but in the end it would make missile weapons much more realistic and not so overpowered.

As your idea about larger sectors or actual star systems, I would have to completely agree. How it is now, each 2.5 km square sector is like its own star system, same with the next one over, and the one after that and to Infiniti in all directions. It may not be strictly boring but I find it killing the immersion factor when each sector has half-a-dozen disc-worlds floating past that are each not much larger than even a medium sized ship, not to mention no orbit path, and of course everything completely different the next \'sector\' over.

Here are a couple solutions:

1. Increase Sector size to 500-1000 km^3, each sector = part of a single star system and all sectors aligned around a central star, each star system is a set number of sectors in diameter, implement FTL, jump points, or simply fly past the outer-most sector and get a prompt to go to an adjoining star system. Planets should be very large and have a realistic orbit around the Central star, things don\'t have to be scale, but large enough to have moons and stations orbit around them without looking silly. A set number of planets per system, same with abandoned/pirate stations, roaming asteroids, comets, and asteroid belt(s). An actually useful star system map (inter/outersystem) would be a must.

2. (This one would most likely be very resource heavy) Generate an entire solar system to scale with no sectors. FTL or jump capability to travel to another system and \'cruising engines\' (Freelancer anyone?) for inter system travel. Make planets instances and only able to access if a ship is below a certain size or has enough thrust to lift from its surface.

3. (Simplest) Big sectors, only one or two BIG planets per sector.

Personally I find that these small \'infinite\' sectors make space seem confining. Sure, they make it easier to find lots of little things to explore and probably aren\'t as resource intensive, but space is FSDKJFHLBJOSDing HUGE. Even if the whole game was made up of only one star system at even a 1/4 of scale size and with real solar system mechanics, I would be more predisposed to exploring and finding stuff than sitting at a bloody Shop building a ship nearly as long a one current sector.

StarMade is still in Alpha of course, and what is here so far is already really promising. Implementing anything from the above examples would most likely be a hell of an amount of work, but if able to be pulled off would make it truly of the epic proportions that games like MineCraft have achieved.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    For the better AI, I suggest not having a single AI module, that simply is more advanced, or has a coding interface. I suggest having multiple separate modules, that can be linked in multiple ways, to \'program\' the AI. Here are some example modules:

• Proximity sensor:

will activate assigned modules, if a (hostile) entity entered a certain range.
    • It will also submit the entity\'s signature to the assigned modules, if they require/support it.
    • It can also be set to wipe the entity\'s signature from assigned modules, if it exits the range

[*]Rotation controller:

• Will rotate the ship/turret in the direction of the submitted entity.
    • If activated without an entity to aim at, it will rotate the turret into it\'s standard docking orientation.
    • Will have no effect if a player resides in the core of the ship.

[*]Thrust controller:

• Will accelerate the ship in the direction of the submitted entity.
    • If activated without an entity to accelerate toward, it will accelerate the ship forwards.
    • Can be set to overrule a players commands.

[*]Weapon controller:

• Will fire assigned weapons(computers) at the submitted entity.
    • If activated without an entity to fire at, it will fire straight forwards.
    • SD-BB missiles will home on the submitted entity, if it stayed in front of the ship/turret long enough.
    • Will have no effect, if a player resides in the core or an assigned weapon computer/missile cpu(The other assigned computers will remain under the control of this module)

[*]Signature memory

• Does not accept an entity signature as input from other modules.
    • In order to function the player has to enter an entity\'s signature.
    • If activated, it will submit the stored entity signature to assigned modules, and(if set to do so) activate them.

[*]Logic gates (this should be self explanatory)
    [*]Docking controller

• If assigned to a docking module, and provided with an entity siganture, they will dock the entity, if it is in range of the entities docking beam. If an entity is already docked at the docking module, it will be undocked, and the provided signature will be ignored)
    • If not assigned to a docking module and activated while the ship/turret is docked, it will undock this ship/turret.

I\'s also recommend using java for an AI-coding interface, since it\'ll run faster.(to run LUA, an interpreter, which will always be slow, would have to be run. I know, that java uses an interpreter itself, but this would run an interpreter inside another interpreter.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s an amazing idea!

The main issue is it will make unmanned drones much larger, but I can definitely see that working!