Source's of Fuel

Reaction score
    I beleive that a form of fuel should be added to the game, like a gas or form of rare mineral that can be refined in a factory block and then placed in the engines, i.e another factory/power block that can then power the ship. This fuel could be a better alternative to the currently available power blocks that you have to place in great quantity's to feed the thirsty thrusters you need to see an efficient form of travel.

This new fuel system could see players building ships dedicated to the transportation of fuel to thier respective Spacestations or fleet, And in turn allow players to refuel thier ships by interacting with the fuel modules connected to the tanker ship similar to the way the docking beams players currently use.

It would creative a great feature for players to compete over rather than the mindless absorbtion of astroids and encourage much more player interaction into multiplayer and player factions.

I hope that we can get this feature into the game as Schema is very active in the forums and if this gets enough backing and feedback he might consider having it intergrated!!! (Fingers crossed)

Note this new feature would not hurt the already present energy systems but only offer another alternative.

Thankyou for reading.

Regards - FRIES

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I\'m only supporting this if fuel replace the actual powerblocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ne3zy, that\'s not the point

It would be impossible for a new player then since they wouldn\'t be able to gather enough fuel to continue low-scale operations. Instead lower the power of current engines AND have the option to turn on fuel feed from a tank block to have then work like 2x current thrust

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I like the fuel concept but I\'m also in love with stacking (/layering) powerblocks so I don\'t know, anyway if the fuel is added to the game it must replace the powerblocks in my opinion

Reaction score
    I agree that the stacking of power blocks is theraputic, but i just think that the ability to fly from one side of the universe to the other without the need for fuel is a bit OP. tbh

Reaction score
    I don\'t think it makes a whole lot of sense that power generators apparently create energy from nothing. IMO they could be replaced with a fuel system (could work the exact same way but with fuel containers that fill up from fuel refineries. Place unrefined fuel in fuel refinery, it outputs fuel into the tanks in the same way power generators output power into power tanks now). An alternative to fuel for stations could be solar panel arrays utilizing solar energy (you know, like space stations in real life use).

Reaction score
    I completely agree the ISS doesnt have power blocks fueling thier systems they have solar arrays. Also i was toying around with the idea that docked ships share the power with the thing they are docked on and that gave a thought if a ship were to have power-tanks instead of power-blocks and they docked with lets say a ship that has massive amounts of power, i.e a tanker substitute. Would the power tanks fill up with energy taken from the tanker onto the ship which could then take-off solely using stored energy giving a sort of fuel tank concept.

Reaction score
    i do agree on the feul system and think it a good idea, but when ur starting u wont have feul and if u join a server and all the public shops would be stripped of mining equipment and all astriods along that. if u dont mind me adding in an idea: i think when u get enough money u should be albe to buy solar panels. the closer u are to a star, the more power u get but caereful not to get too close!

also; everyone if ur tired of having to get out of ur ship to activate a booby ai on every single ship or turret, or even if u want the bobby ai controlled ships to look active the check out my idea! the address is: http://star-made.org/content/bobby-ai-commander-smarter-ai

Reaction score
    i do agree on the feul system and think it a good idea, but when ur starting u wont have feul and if u join a server and all the public shops would be stripped of mining equipment and all astriods along that. if u dont mind me adding in an idea: i think when u get enough money u should be albe to buy solar panels. the closer u are to a star, the more power u get but caereful not to get too close!

also; everyone if ur tired of having to get out of ur ship to activate a booby ai on every single ship or turret, or even if u want the bobby ai controlled ships to look active the check out my idea! the address is: http://star-made.org/content/bobby-ai-commander-smarter-ai

Reaction score
    Solar arrays are good idea as they are used as a cosmic fuel anyway. The other fuel ideas would add another player interaction feature also, as currently you can only really give your friend a lift, PVP or watch someone build, so the orbital refueling would be cool with two players Co-operating with docking beams and such to fuel up another ship nearby. Also it means players would have to also gain loads of fuel to move thier gigantic ships around, that may help balance massive ships dominating whole sectors by flying around continuously killing players who spawn as they would have to help massive amounts of fuel to do so.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • sollar arrays would awesome and it would also add to ship variety(TIE fighters would make sense :D )
    • as a fuel source I would suggest having water (Thermonuclear Fusion). Where Ice blocks, Ice crystal blocks and water blocks would have different energy density: I crystals being the rarest would have the most energy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d prefer if power blocks stayed in but fuel using blocks were simply better powerblocks that used fuel to operate. The increase in powergeneration due to larger dimensions would also be accompanied by an increase in fuel consumption, that way there\'s no worry about using it on small ships.

Reaction score
    Okay, with the people saying that when you started you wouldn\'t have fuel... You already spawn with items. Could we not add some fuel to that list?

In addition, it\'d be nice to have access to different types of engines with different efficiencies and maybe even fuel types. Things like fission rockets might be common and cheap but volatile and require extensive heat regulation while ion thrusters would be quite weak but require only electricity and a small amount of fuel. \"Boosted\" fission rockets would require far more fuel than ordinary engines and give considerably more power, though not quite as much as two standard engines.

Then you could have the really fancy shit like fusion or impulse drives that cost huge stacks of cash or cannot be bought, are difficult to manufacture, have rare or hard-to-refine fuel, but are incredibly efficient and powerful.

Some of these engines may require certain layouts to be effective, such as the current power generators.

Reaction score
    These ideas you guys are coming up with are great and we all seam to be at the same level of what should be implemented XD

Sadly due to the sudden popularity of the game, coupled with the reams of suggestions in these pages now i dont think Schema will notice our crys for Fuel, and such. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about instead, if a ship docks onto another ship, it drains the host ship\'s power until it is fully charged if it is more than the docked ship. This would allow refuelling stations to exist in the game, and also have the realistic idea of small, low powered ships, being dependant on the juice a larger carrier ship can provide when going far away.

this would then add tactics: a small ship in the middle of nowhere probably is a good suggestion that either it\'s a very lost scouting ship or that it\'s host ship is cloaked nearby and is getting ready to fire.

Reaction score
    I thought of the power storage trick before, but from the roleplaying end for players who want to become more immsersed in the game this would be great but theres no way to enforce/ensure that players wouldnt craftily hide power-blocks, also in the multiplayer side of things i.e on the NASS server whos going to put storage-blocks instead of power-blocks, no-one because they arent going to ruin thier chances of success against other players by putting themselves at a disadvantage. So it would need a community of players to enforce it on a server which would be unlikely, so its something that needs to built in client-program side.

-FRIES

Reaction score
    Have those and the feul being Dark energy or Dark matter cells. This item can ONLY be found in the deepest and darkest parts of space, a full void (like in between galaxies). This item being rare, it gets consumed very slowly.