Sounds being more louder and powerful when shooting big cannons?

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello,
    I hope the StarMade devs have this Idea.
    I was thinking,StarMade is a game that you can build cannons but custom cannons of any size then I imagined when the sounds are going to come out,a huge cannon when shooting it would sound like little pew pew sound,and I know no one would like that(even know that space has no sound).
    So my I idea is that more a gun has a long cannon tube/barrel it will display a diffrent sound and more louder if more powerful same goes as more larger or weapon combinations.

(One thing please make the lasers longer).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The problem is: there will always be somebody, that builds a weapon so large, that there is no appropriate sound for it in the game. Unless weapon sounds are dynamically generated, which will reduce performance significantly.

Reaction score
    The problem is: there will always be somebody, that builds a weapon so large, that there is no appropriate sound for it in the game. Unless weapon sounds are dynamically generated, which will reduce performance significantly.
    unless said sounds were on a logarithmic volume scale ie when your cannon gets above a certain size the sound wouldn't get as much louder

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    unless said sounds were on a logarithmic volume scale ie when your cannon gets above a certain size the sound wouldn't get as much louder
    Volume of a sound isn't really the problem here. The sound of a naval cannon firing isn't "just" an overly loud handgun sound, is it?

Reaction score
    Volume of a sound isn't really the problem here. The sound of a naval cannon firing isn't "just" an overly loud handgun sound, is it?
    True was just using it as an example.. you're looking for more depth to the sound as well i get that.. i was just explaining that everything you do could be scaled in such a way that the biggest gun that could possibly be built in SM wouldn't break your headphones

EDIT: While still retaining the differences in sound that you want

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Give the config 3-4 values:
    • Small sound volume = Ship mass
    • Medium sound volume = Ship mass
    • Big sound volume = Ship mass
    • Error sound for too big/small = Yes/No –– Enforces server rules
    From these size:mass relations a computer can extract a function for a graph using similar formula as power reactors.

Although I like the other suggestion thread more where you can create appreciate sounds for your ship.
    A scavenger would have trashy sounds, pirates are just loud and elite vessels have vacuum- sound-barriers.​